SAU Community

Engineers Certificate

Philr32

Howdy all,

After being defected and told I need an engineers report for an intercooler and piping i am now looking for an engineer in the Sydney area, I have the list of all engineers from the RMS site and i was speaking with gforce in Narellan and will speak to Robert Elliot in Bringelly shortly.but can someone recommend one that was easy to work with and/or someone who has used the above engineers (or tried to)?

The car isn't crazy it's an R32 with RB25DET and 33 box, GT3071 or GT3076 can't remember, intercooler, exhaust, pod filter covered, exhaust, 350z rims, and a few adjustable arms and coilovers underneath.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy all,

After being defected and told I need an engineers report for an intercooler and piping i am now looking for an engineer in the Sydney area, I have the list of all engineers from the RMS site and i was speaking with gforce in Narellan and will speak to Robert Elliot in Bringelly shortly.but can someone recommend one that was easy to work with and/or someone who has used the above engineers (or tried to)?

The car isn't crazy it's an R32 with RB25DET and 33 box, GT3071 or GT3076 can't remember, intercooler, exhaust, pod filter covered, exhaust, 350z rims, and a few adjustable arms and coilovers underneath.

Thanks in advance

Well you shouldnt need one for the intercooler piping if its all fitted correctly by the books with the hole reinforced etc etc BUT then i read the engine swap, THAT is probably going to need it.....

Check to see if you can get the defect cleared first as Engineering in NSW looks to be a long and costly process, i am going to give it a shot soon!

It's actually already registered with the 25 I believe when the swap was done ages ago they used a loop hole that the GTRs are a 2.6TT so therefore the 25T is still smaller than the biggest engine for that shape/model.

According the RTA guy that defected it, any mod other than rims and window tint need engineering lol, if I wasn't so pissed off I would have laughed in his face. The main issue I'm having is that the rules are not clear and distinct. They are foggy at best and there is not one place with the rules. One workshop goes off one set of rules and one workshop goes off another. One document says "minor" modifications don't require engineers reports but the definition is shit and doesn't really specify what a minor mod is. Some people are going off VSB14 which is not in affect yet. It's a disgrace at best. I called one work shop who said a front mount us fine as long as the reinforcement bar isn't cut then I called another who said as soon as they heard front mount "you need an engineers report".

Good luck and I'll post how I go.

It's actually already registered with the 25 I believe when the swap was done ages ago they used a loop hole that the GTRs are a 2.6TT so therefore the 25T is still smaller than the biggest engine for that shape/model.

According the RTA guy that defected it, any mod other than rims and window tint need engineering lol, if I wasn't so pissed off I would have laughed in his face. The main issue I'm having is that the rules are not clear and distinct. They are foggy at best and there is not one place with the rules. One workshop goes off one set of rules and one workshop goes off another. One document says "minor" modifications don't require engineers reports but the definition is shit and doesn't really specify what a minor mod is. Some people are going off VSB14 which is not in affect yet. It's a disgrace at best. I called one work shop who said a front mount us fine as long as the reinforcement bar isn't cut then I called another who said as soon as they heard front mount "you need an engineers report".

Good luck and I'll post how I go.

Scroll down through the NSW section, there is info on some YEEDOGGA or YEEDOGGY (sorry cant recall) assisting with situations like this, Terry will hopefully find this thread and assist :) Keep your eye on your thread and i am sure you will get the answer soon mate!

Scroll down through the NSW section, there is info on some YEEDOGGA or YEEDOGGY (sorry cant recall) assisting with situations like this, Terry will hopefully find this thread and assist :) Keep your eye on your thread and i am sure you will get the answer soon mate!

Awesome, cheers and may the force be with you lol, we need it.

I have dealt with Robert before and he was great for the consultation part, just finishing the mods and then will get him back to check it all and hopefully good to go

Ok and if you don't mind me asking, what mods are you getting engineered?

keep us posted!

in saying that i had my car engineered for everything and still got defected (for everything on the engineers report)

What? So basically you still had to go to an inspection station for an inspection?

Did the inspector just pass the car with a once over or did he still do a full inspection?

I assume no fines, just a defect notice?

What? So basically you still had to go to an inspection station for an inspection?

Did the inspector just pass the car with a once over or did he still do a full inspection?

I assume no fines, just a defect notice?

yeah still have to have full inspection

nope also got fined aswell...1 of the fines was "car as not engineered". I later found out that the cop lied on the paper worked after i argued for 3 months i obtained this from the SDRO. Cop stated that i had 285's on the car when infact they were 235s! that was just one of the fines and things he said about the car.

cant remember the other one...have the paper work at home. im sure you know how it was as he has a bad name up on the coast

i argued the point (and won) was a lot of wasted time and arguments but there is no one policing the fact of what a copper can write and make up on the spot to ensure you get defected

Long story short engineered or not you can still get defected and have to go for a full inspection!

Edited by Frosty

I decided to do some more of the mods I want to do before getting it engineered. Just got a blue slip and now the car is back in the road again :)

At least you are back on the road, remember to research the mods before doing them to keep the car as legal as you can :)

yeah still have to have full inspection

nope also got fined aswell...1 of the fines was "car as not engineered". I later found out that the cop lied on the paper worked after i argued for 3 months i obtained this from the SDRO. Cop stated that i had 285's on the car when infact they were 235s! that was just one of the fines and things he said about the car.

cant remember the other one...have the paper work at home. im sure you know how it was as he has a bad name up on the coast

i argued the point (and won) was a lot of wasted time and arguments but there is no one policing the fact of what a copper can write and make up on the spot to ensure you get defected

Long story short engineered or not you can still get defected and have to go for a full inspection!

That is f**ked up! I feel for you mate I've been pulled through the ringer also, for a copper to lie on his paper work is plain not right. Wft does he have to gain out of it anyway? Sounds like a right cock.

We are not criminals for god sake.

That is f**ked up! I feel for you mate I've been pulled through the ringer also, for a copper to lie on his paper work is plain not right. Wft does he have to gain out of it anyway? Sounds like a right cock.

Thats why the more that stand up to them or bring it to the spotlight when they have been done wrong by the better! A lot of defects are probably fair enough but when you do everything you can to make it legit and they still hammer you then its just shit!

^^^ That's when you need to get the Police Superintendent out there.

Like the time when...

Well respected man gets pulled over for speeding and gets defected for his trouble.

Man:- "I'm happy for you to do all the paperwork and I'll be on my way officer. I thank you for not checking the glovebox"

HWP:- "Why what's in there?"

Man:- "Um nothing really. It just looks like a gun. I'm only taking it to my mate's place and there are no bullets in it anyway"

HWP:- "If you don't have a licence for that, you're in more trouble than I thought."

Man:- "Alright then, just avoid looking in the wheel well please!"

HWP:- "Why, what's in there?"

Man:- "I noticed small bags of white crystalline powder - but honest - I don't know what they are. And there are some loose bullets there too - but no gun."

HWP:- "Spreadeagle on the ground whilst I make some calls!"

Superintendent:- "Well officer, the gun squad didn't find any gun or even a bullet. And the drug squad went right through this Skyline and couldn't find any powder either!"

Voice From The Ground:- "And I bet he also told you I was speeding!"

jk

gains nothing expect a formal complaint to his commisioner which got him in a lot of shit!! stupid ass hat

Thats why the more that stand up to them or bring it to the spotlight when they have been done wrong by the better! A lot of defects are probably fair enough but when you do everything you can to make it legit and they still hammer you then its just shit!

im sure you have heard of SLEE? ;)