SAU Community

Top Secret Mega Meet

vorse

Would be pretty cool to take my new gtr out to something like this, but for some reason I picture it being a nightmare of a traffic jam. Have these events run smoothly in the past? 10 buck VIP entry doesn't sound very VIP to me.?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to try to get a couple of execs to pitch in some ideas about meet up points. I know everyone in here is trying to assist and some good feedback and ideas.

It's just a logistical nightmare considering all the cars and other clubs that will be in attendance facing the exact same dilemma. Remember, the other clubs will be going through this same discussion, hence why I say expect all close in side streets, lots, etc to be a bit chockers.

Also, we want to ensure that this event doesn't become a drama for the local businesses. If they complain then it could cause problems for the organisers.

Any execs input is appreciated, however, from benm (who works in the area) & driving the area under normal working hours to scope the suggestions (as I will be on my way home from work everyday till the event) will probably be more beneficial & practical for meeting point locations.

We all know there will be an excess of other cars (local & from other clubs) in the area on the day, which we all seem prepared for. Practically speaking though, it makes sense to meet around there for members not from Sydney, than somewhere like Wetherill Park or Arndell Park. Huntingwood is easy to get to.

Most local businesses would be used to events of this nature (being right next door to a racetrack & the time of the event), especially around the weekends, as long as we don't get in their way & we behave ourselves in name of the club, we shouldn't cause too much disturbance to the locals.

VIP ticket has been acquired :happy: !

Looks like the S15 - Two Guys from Tokyo Initial D edition will be making a leisurely appearance.

If only there was "Factory Panel Gaps" awards I'd be sure to take one of those out :laugh:

There's a best presented award. Want to swing past my place on the way so I can give your car a quick polish?

On reading the fine print on the entry ticket the VIP Pass gets you access through the Competitors entrance where normal entry is via the spectators gate and the long access road.

Competitors entrance here we come !!!

VIP ticket has been acquired :happy: !

Looks like the S15 - Two Guys ball sacks edition will be making a leisurely appearance.

If only there was "Factory Panel Gaps" awards I'd be sure to take one of those out :laugh:

fyp, for accuracy

The only difference between the VIP + regular tickets is that some of the VIP's will get to park on the asphalt and some on the grass area like the regular entry tickets :P

Just confirmed my place. Is the SAU group still a green light? perhaps I should spend the 10 to sit next to someone of my kind.

Edit: If it is or its full, VIP Club members, propose a meet up point! I'm only 15 mins away from eastern creek.