SAU Community

From Germany to Japan

prodigydriver

Hi !!! I will go to Japan in the summer to see the Nissan Skylines,the NISMO Factory,the culture and all what have to do with Jap`Sportcars !!!

Can you give me any informations (address) about this things i want to see ?

I don`t know where and in which hotel i can stay. any idea`s ? ? ?

I hope you can help me to find out what the best place for me is to stay a few days. (approximately 10 days).

Is there anything to consider like "Don`t smoke on a open street" or something like this ? :innocent:

Don`t laugh about my english but i be out school since 7 Years...My english is litte bit rusty (-;

Hey Frank, so sorry I didn't respond to your PM!!! But I think you'd get a better response from the forum anyways...

Although I haven't been there myself, the Nismo Omori Factory is a definate place to see. Just use Babelfish to translate that link.

Maybe one of the other guys that live near Tokyo can give you a better idea of where to stay, as I only really know the Makuhari area there (coz of the TAS).

There aren't really any special things you need to consider, Japan is a very tolerant place, you needn't worry about smoking in the street, it's ok!!! Hell, you can even piss in the street if you want to!!! :D thats ok too...

I'm not sure of any car show and the like during summer in Tokyo, if you came to Kobe I could sort you out, but with only 10 days to play with, your best bet is definately Tokyo.

you needn't worry about smoking in the street' date=' it's ok!!! Hell, you can even piss in the street if you want to!!! :D thats ok too...

but then again it's a no-no to walk down the street eating food...

but yeah, feel free to flop it out while having a ciggy!

Frank - there's plenty of info that will help you already in the forum - but, of course, feel free to ask any questions

I've also compiled some info here which might answer a few questions

in any case, have fun

Hi !!! Thank`s for the info`s Rezz and DaiOni :D

Is it in Japan very expensive ? I hope not, but my co-worker said something like this....Mc Donnalds (in germany calles "mc doof" or "mäcces") costs at least 20 Euro in Japan apiece. Is that real ?

@Evo_Lee

Why i should not go to Japan in the summer ? ? ?

Where produced (produce :P ) Nissan the Skyline ? ? ? The production of the R 34 was stopped in Sep. 2002 right ?

Sorry for my bad english..... :angel:

(in germany calles "mc doof")
HAHAHAHA! Thats so hilarious! :D

Mc Doof... I love Germany :P... well my Dads German.

HAHAHAHA! Thats so hilarious! :P

Mc Doof... I love Germany :)... well my Dads German.

hehe. Really. From which town is your Dad ? ? ? I had translate the Nismo Page in english but is it so that i can reach the Factory with the "High Speed Train" ? ? ?

So sorry i must go to :uzi: work....

Ciao

Don't know how summer is in Germany, but summer in Japan like most SE Asian countries is sweat city...high humidity. You'll feel tired everyday, hot and sticky, and cramping in with all the other smelly people on public transport is not fun. Had a mate over one summer and god it was a nightmare trolling about Kyoto showing him the sights on public transport. Not to mention my Recaros in car didn't enjoy soaking up his sweat...case by case but he sweat like a pig.

Skylines have always been built from the Tochigi plant North of Tokyo.

There are loads of hotels to choose from in Tokyo. Sticking to the center is always a good idea as you are pretty much close to everything.

A friend of mine that comes to Japan often likes to stay at the Prince Hotel in Shinagawa as they do good rates if you book in advance from abroad.

http://www.princehotelsjapan.com/shinagawaprincehotel/

There was a post here recently where someone wanted pointers while visiting Tokyo. I gave a pretty comprehensive reply so worth searching for it.

Re the weather....it will be very hot, especially in the city and not really pleasant if you are not used to it. But some people don't mind it (I bloody well do!:P).

You will not find too much difference regarding prices. Europe is so bloody expensive these days a lot of stuff is a hell of a lot cheaper here! That expensive thing is all a myth carried over form the bubble economy...

Hope this is helpful.

Funny...you come here in Summer and I go to Germany! Yearly Nordschleife trip...can't wait:D:D

I loooooove the summer!  But, yeah, someone used to european weather may or may not agree.

ha ha...LOL...Guess you've never been to Italy in the summer then;)

@ All

Thanx for all the info stuff :)

@ Rezz

I know Bremen...It`s a seaport. Do you want to visit germany anytime ? ? ?

I want to take along my Notebook but here is the current 230 Volt and in Japan ? ? ? 110 V / 50 Hz or 60 Hz ? ? ?

I must buy a adapter for the 230 V plug, right ? ? ? :)

I must buy a adapter for the 230 V plug, right ? ? ? :)
Yes, definately...

I'd love to go to Bremen sometime... if I do, I'll let you know, then we can meet up.

ahh, it's just opinion, but as wonderful as the smell of venice in a european 'heat wave' is, I don't think euro weather comes close to a honshu summer (humidity, in particular)

yes Venice doesn't smell particularly great in summer with 40 degrees heat and 70% humidity....but some back streets in Tokyo can pretty much make you puke!! Plus Venice is in the North....try down south for serius heat!

What I'm trying to say is that it's a different kind of heat (and there's just as big a difference between germany and the mediterranean). Eastern australia and japan is a good contrast - both can be wickedly hot in summer, but they are very different experiences - one is 'my god I'm melting', the other is 'my god, am I still in the shower?'.

My money is on there being a significant climactic difference for frank. But hey, who cares? Sink some asahis, put on some shorts... enjoy!

Hi @all.

My neighbour is a pliot from the german "Lufthansa Airline"

He had warned me because there`s a very high humidity :wassup:

But i think that the cilmatic aspect is not so important because when i see a Skyline live i get hypnotised :(

Is the "Prince Hotel Chain" the only one in Japan ? ? ? Or is this the best i can check in ? ? ?

Oh no i unfortunately must go to work :headspin:

@all

Ciao have a nice day

both can be wickedly hot in summer, but they are very different experiences - one is 'my god I'm melting', the other is 'my god, am I still in the shower?'.

That pretty much sums it up ...either way its sweat city for me:D:D

I want to take along my Notebook but here is the current 230 Volt and in Japan ? ? ? 110 V / 50 Hz or 60 Hz ? ? ?  

I must buy a adapter for the 230 V plug, right ? ? ?   :(

Check your notebook power supply again, most of them these days are dual 100-240V. Only the plug may be a problem.