SAU Community

Help - Fuel Light Coming On Under Hard Acceleration - R33 Gtr

nuci_gtr

Hi all,

New to the forum, recently purchased an r33 gtr.

I have noticed that under hard acceleration, the fuel light comes on after about 5000rpm and will go off again when I lift off. Has anyone else had this issue? Car is pretty much stock bar an exhaust, pods and blitz sbc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Daniel.

Well the fuel light isn't an indicator of the fuel pump failing or injectors not getting enough fuel..

It would appear that what ever component that causes the low fuel switch to come on is not functioning properly.. Possibly the float

Do you have the standard fuel pump? May be an aftermarket one that was incorrectly installed

I've only had the car for a few weeks, I'm still learning about it. Not sure if the fuel pump is oem or aftermarket. The main concern was whether the light was an indicator of a problem that could cause future damage or loss of power. If its just a light coming on then it doesn't worry me too much.

Edited by nuci_gtr

It's only connected to the fuel tank level sender. That light coming on whilst the gauge stays high is more suggestive of a short circuit in the light wiring than any other problem. I would follow above advice and get the whole assembly out for an inspection.