SAU Community

Built R33 Gtr With Trust T88 Turbo - Need Help!

6BANGER

History of the Car...

Got a monster of a GTR that was built and tuned by a workshop in QLD and was registered there as well. Its got N1 Block, Tomei pistons, very lumpy cams (at least 270 deg), OS Giken triple

plate clutch, fuel surge tank and pretty much all top of the range parts to make a 1000hp on E85.

Previous owner left overseas and didn't bother renewing the Rego. Long story short, the car is in WA now and I have been asked to help with getting it engineered.

I spoke to an engineer who asked me to fill out the DPI modifications application and send it to him to review before sending it to DPI but I would also like to get a second opinion.

Questions ...

1. Can someone share their ideas or past experiences regarding such mods and if there is a chance of getting this thing registered in WA??

2. I would like to speak to a few workshops regarding the above, Any suggestions where to start?

Depending on your luck you might get away with those modifications. Otherwise look at replacing at T88 with some stockers and get it licensed.

Took the car to Dan Pitic (very nice guy) who advised on what needs to be changed. Also filled out the mods approval form for DPI and will have to wait and see what happens now.

T88 is the least of my worries at the moment, looks like money will be thrown either way.