SAU Community

R34Gtt Fmic Fitting Question? Wat To Do With Washer Bottle?

au55ie

Hey guys, I'm half way through fitting a front mount and am wondering g what to do with the washer bottle set up in the front right corner. The piping will foul it. Do I mount it else where or ditch it?

Thats one of the reasons people tend to buy return flow coolers so it uses the stock pipes in the engine bay.

I did it becuase i went high mount and FFP.... Ill have to locate the washer bottle on the passenger side as the oil cooler has taken up the rest of the space where the washer bottle was....

next problem?

where to run the boost line? if thats what it is?

the stock pipe that feeds into the intake had a nipple but nothing on the new one.

where do i fit it?

do i put a barb into the silicone joiner from the cold side where it meets the stock intake pipe?

i know this a noob question but i gota learn some how

cheers

yes i saw ur post. the original nipple was on the cold side near the intake pipe.

thats why i asked.

so would it be better to move it to the hot side near the compressor outlet or just put ib back where the original was?

My R34 turbo has the fitting on compressor housing. I've also seen them on the turbo outlet elbow. There are no spare ports on my R34 crossover pipe for boost control sensing. All are used for the things they were supposed to be used for.

Washer bottle ideas:

This is where I put mine, bit of re-wiring, bit of water tube re-routing and all good. Bracket was pretty straight forward to make as well

IMG_3022.jpg

got it finished... yew!

next time i will spend the dollars on a proper r34 kit, there were endless issues with the piping.

i replaced all the silicone joiners that were supplied as they were all to short or the wrong angle.

car has never driven so nice, its amazing how much more response it has with the FMIC and 3" turbo back exhaust.

cheers boys

The hot side pipe that comes of the turbo compressor and fits onto the 'cooler, I understand that there is only one hot side pipe that goes half way.

So basically what I am after is a inter cooler piping kit that goes from throttle body to turbo. I am running a GT3037S