SAU Community

Importing A Gtr33

Hi all,

would like to know if anyone has improted a car throgh J-Spec imports in melbourne?

i live in brisy and am about to sign up to import a r33 GTR with them and would like to know if they are recommended by anybody. Seems very fair and easy to deal with?

Cheers

A friend of mine imported her 300zx through J-Spec. She was after a specific model (had to be 4-seater, twin-turbo, and specific colours) so was hard to find. He didn't pressure her into buying something she didn't want even though it was taking a long time to find something. I remember he also gave good opinions on what was worth considering or not.

All round I'd say it was a thumbs up. At least based on my once-off second hand experience...

With so many great R33 GTR already in the country, why pay for the extra hassle of getting one imported? Unless it is a really special one off type car.

because theres so many great Gtr's already with sooo little km's cause theres sooooo :closedeyes: much tampering with odometers. Not saying they are all like that but most sellers, private and dealer can provide little info about the importation of the car with original history from japan or at least the derego from japan with the last 2 roadworthy's done showing previous history's km's in japan. Call me fussy which i know I am when I am looking at spending my money on what i want, but when ya taking about some cars that have had 50,000km plus wound off em it makes me more confident with a history of the car from the japanese government documentation at least not just someones word of mouth. And at the moment i dont get me licence back till mid june so cant drive one till then anyway. figure doing this wont tease me to have one sitting in the garage till then :whistling: and wanting to drive it, and i'm guna get something with trustworthy history and generally save some coin. I will say there are some great buys out there i've been studying them for 3 plus months now,but this is how I wish to get mine. ;)

Hi all,

would like to know if anyone has improted a car throgh J-Spec imports in melbourne?

i live in brisy and am about to sign up to import a r33 GTR with them and would like to know if they are recommended by anybody. Seems very fair and easy to deal with?

Cheers

Imported 2 cars of them, including a R34 GTR.

never had an issue.

a few years ago i was thinking of importing a s15, this guy that use to import a lot of cars (joe) offered me this yellow s15 with a little dent on the rear for a good price around 70xxx. I did alot of research and found that exact car with the exact same dent on another jap website with 120xxxkm.. i deleted his number and bought a r34 haha

• 2 weeks later...

So when you import the car can you know that the kms on it are 100% right? Dont they wind the clocks back in japan also?

yep they definetly wind the clocks back in japan too...but they have governement requirements that every 2 years they are to have a road worthy inspection same as here but all odometers of cars are recorded and kept on file for when they sell the last 2 roadworthy's are available to varify kms. so if you get one that has 60,000 say and last inspection it had 86,000 for example well it has obviously been tampered with and its yur call if you wana buy , so at least there is some way of telling and of course the auction grade of a vehicles condition as well to see it is good, bad or had accident history also.