SAU Community

R34 Gt Coil Pack Setup

very simple question

do the r34 gt rb25de neo run some sort of coil pack mount or do the coils bolt dirrectly to the engine block. The engine i purchased has splitfires in it but they dont bolt down. I checked the model of coil packs with splitfire themselves and they say i have r34 ones. if the na engines do run a mounting bracket where can i get one second hand?

They bolt directly to the head, not the block or any other mount. Like so:

rb25neo3.jpg

The Neo NA turbo/NA coilpacks are exactly the same.

Edited by Hanaldo

You're probably missing the mounting brackets. Two piece (3 coil packs per piece) bolted to the head.

My Neo doesn't have any such bracket? Just threaded holes in the head, two holes for each coilpack. Coilpacks have a little black rubber bracket on each side, but this appears to me to be built into them.

They bolt directly to the head, not the block or any other mount. Like so:

rb25neo3.jpg

See on yours how it has that metal looking thing between each coil pack. Mine dosnt.

The Neo NA turbo/NA coilpacks are exactly the same.

... That's the head. See this:

20040205image0017pl6.jpg

Those threaded holes along the centre of the head, above the spark plug holes. That's where your coil packs mount. Two screws per coil pack, one on each side.

yeah. mine dosnt have that. mines just one bolt in the centre where you have two. i checked on a mates 1998 r34 gt coupe and he has the same setup as me. but dont worry. made myself some brackets today using aluminium and there in there solid as.