SAU Community

18X9.5 + 25

gts_koop

They will fine fine mate. I run the same specs on my auto, and I had to roll the rear guards due to the wider rear cradle. The manuals have another 25mm of rim clearance, so you wont have any issues.

I bought some 18x9.5 +22 rays which I'm about to pop on mine, under the recommendation of mike (forum member) I have also bought some adjustable camber and Toe arms for the rear to help them sneak under (gktech billet numbers) to avoid rolling the guards. Apparently 245/40 18 is the tyre size you would be after to avoid rubbing.

I'll let you know how they fit in a couple of weeks :)

harts.

Awesome, thanks guys! Will end up with some coil overs at some point as well, so have to take into account the lower stance. But sounds like it'll be sweet.

Also have my eye on some 18x9.5 + 30 which I'm assuming will be no issue since they're less aggressive.

The fronts will fit fine the backs will sit I a fair way . Have a look at" jet r31" stagea he is running the se offset from memory or very close to think 9.5 +22.your fronts will fit the same but as said your backs will sit further in due to smaller cradle if I had a manual cradle id prob be trying to run a ten on the rear ,

I ran staggered fitment for a while. 8.5" front, 9.5" rears. both had 235/40 tyres. They were fine until the tyres started to wear, then I started having some funny vibrations under load.

I then fitted 9.5's up front as it looked a little funny..

I've run staggered fitment on both my stags and I personally know of two other mates doing it too no probs, but I do run the same tyre width front and rear

What are the measurements for most of you running wide rims in the rear? Shock - rim, shock collar - tyre, rim - guard etc.

on a 9.5" 245/35/19 mine are: 15mm rim to shock. 10mm shock collar to tyre. 5mm poke.

Do most of you use standard struts with springs?

Hmmm ok so what's the rule with staggered fitment and

attesa? As long as the tyres are the same width?

No its not the width its the rolling circumference that's important and ideally the width will be the same too as otherwise there will be a difference in grip.

No its not the width its the rolling circumference that's important and ideally the width will be the same too as otherwise there will be a difference in grip.

Yep, make sure your rolling diameters are the same front and rear... It's much cheaper and easier to choose the right diameters than it is to remove, repair and replace the transfer case.

Yep, not sure if I'll go staggered just yet. Might be going for a set of cheap 18x9.5 +30 all round that I've come across for a while until I can get the the $ together for some more aggressive Meisters and coil overs.

They'll fit directly on no hassles and look waaaay better than the stockies for now

+25 should piss it in on an rs4s

manual rear cradle 9 +12 is the go apparently

that's what im running, fk all room between the tyre and perch though on my coilovers, I rubbed away a sidewall on 1 tyre already, had to raise the car up to make more clearance for rough roads :D

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a 97 WGNC34 AUTO,AWD and has the 4pot front and 2 pot rear brakes(same as ECR33 GTS33).Its currently factory height and if I lower it, it will be done with GTR33 lowering springs. I am looking at putting 18in rims and tires on the car. need to know will 18x9.5 will be to wide and what offset to use, and should I go with 235/35/18 all around or 245/35/18 all around? I also don't want to do a BIG stretch or roll the fenders also.

these r the rims I am looking at for my stag

ES221

http://www.aspecwheels.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_1352_1441_1519_1524&product_id=4471

or

http://www.aspecwheels.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_1352_1441_1519_1524&product_id=2726

ES331

http://www.aspecwheels.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_1352_2252_2254&product_id=4494

Edited by US Frank