32year old

95' Gtr 33 v-spec

$27,000 insured

Exhaust

Aftermarket security $1000

Coilover suspension

Aftermarket Air filters

Basic Excess $600

Other excesses as well and a reducible premium if u up the value of basic excess

Premium $1200 approx with excesses around $2500

Premium $1750 approx with excesses around $1500

This was just a quote at that stage about a month ago but just cars are about the only ones to insure me I think due to car being a fresh import and never road registered or somethin like that.

Will be keen save $$$ and get better offers if it works.

AI insurance were heaps cheaper when I got quote buy my driving history scratched me from their list.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am due to renew insurance soon. I am currently with just car and would like to move onto someone else if they have some better deals also particularly little things that are real handy like windscreen replacement once a year and what not

• 4 weeks later...

• JUST CAR INSURANCE

Annual Premium: $680

Excess: $1700 ($1100 ad-just excess+$600 standard excess)

mods covered: all mods

extra perks: pay by the month and ad-just excess ( if i want $600 excess only I pay a higher premium), 1 claim a year rating 1 protect and $35 rating 1 protect.

negatives: they stack up multi fees like $350 for theft on top of standard excess

insured value $10,400

Edited by GTS R33

• 8 months later...

Quick question on Just Car. I've been with them for about 6 years now and I did have optional extras on there (Think I just had Mags and stereo + exhaust and a few engine mods) but this year they have disappeared but my premium has stayed the same. Do you just have to list things you want covered or do you just have to list everything to make the insurance policy valid? I was just going to ring them up and ask them but seen as this thread is here, I'd rather ask someone here who is going to be honest/speak from experience etc.

Thanks guys

BTW, my details are like this:

Just Car Insurance

R33 GTS-t 1994.

Agreed Value: $10,800 (from memory)

Annual premium: $663

Rating 1 with Rating 1 protection

Quick question on Just Car. I've been with them for about 6 years now and I did have optional extras on there (Think I just had Mags and stereo + exhaust and a few engine mods) but this year they have disappeared but my premium has stayed the same. Do you just have to list things you want covered or do you just have to list everything to make the insurance policy valid? I was just going to ring them up and ask them but seen as this thread is here, I'd rather ask someone here who is going to be honest/speak from experience etc.

Thanks guys

BTW, my details are like this:

Just Car Insurance

R33 GTS-t 1994.

Agreed Value: $10,800 (from memory)

Annual premium: $663

Rating 1 with Rating 1 protection

Cal, with your mods speak to Shannon's.

You list everything that's on the car so the insurer is aware and can't claim that you misinformed them when getting the policy.

Yeah thought so. I cant go with shannons till im 25 in august otherwise I would change

It's not necessarily the case. The premium drops when you're over 25, significantly so however this isn't a pre-requisite any more. If someone can produce a current PDS that differs, more than happy to see it. It's not in mine.

I was thinking about ringing them anyway. Im a bit over just cars and thought they might be fairly good to me because of my driving history and rating 1 etc. Will just have to see what they say.

Id like to go NRMA but dont think they will do it. Might also be worth calling them as well. When I get my new car thats most likely who ill go with unless whoever insures the skyline can do a good multi car policy

Thanks for your help anyway :)

StretchGSK, roughly how much is your comp insurance?

seems like insurance companies dont like R33s...

I have not got any quotes yet, will be ringing around in the next couple of days.

Customs valuation was only done today for the import so I have a bit of time up my sleeve

Insuring the R' i shopped around a bit (though i was skeptical that anyone would beat just car)

RACQ wouldn't touch me under 25 with more than one modification, Shannons wouldn't touch me due to car being in car port and not fully garaged, and NRMA was about 50% more than just car