SAU Community

Pricy rebuild!

well I can answer the alice springs question....don't worry about it!

The BP there has ultimate (if you can afford it lol). It does get hot so just make sure you don't get a super agressive tune....easy.

Like RBNT the only problem I had was blowing out the plastic inner guard liner about 10klm over the border when we first hit 180 :)

Oh and keep stock suspension....there's no corners up there :O

Cereal Killer, I also considered the straight swap for RB26DETT as well but the trouble is, you really don't know what sort of condition the RB26 is in either. It too will eventually require a rebuild and then you're up for the price of the new engine plus the price of the rebuild!

yeh was considering getting an RB26 but then the problem is, for me, that doing things like exhaust and air filters, is gonna cost double, and again, i wont know what condition the engine is in...

When u buy an RB26DETT, does it come with the big front mount???

fit the rb26 pistons lower compression 8.6 as opposed to 9 to 1 around 110-120 each and would suit your needs. rb26 crank and rods also fit they would probalby add an extra grand plus to the job.

the rest should be fine I would gopower fc and z32 afm to start b4 doing injector I would also go 2540 or td06 20g rather than 2535. or a 500 hp roller from garret.

meggala

Why waste the money when you arn't going to use the potential.

Simply rebuild the stocker with a set of forged pistons.

Slap a huffer on it to make from 250-300rwkw and off u go. Why settle for only 250rwkw?!

If not stick with the 2535 drop the comp to 8:5:1 and use stocker pistons.

what he said.. $1200 or so for a forged piston kit, and general clean up on your bottom end. Might be able to get it done for under $3500 - shouldn't have to touch the head.

Don't get sucked in by expensive rods, expensive head gaskets, aftermarket cams and all other crap. RB25DET will do 300rwkw with a good condition engine, just give it forgies and make it safer.