SAU Community

Accusump - Where To Buy In Au

dan.1337

Dont muck around trying to buy here. Just get it direct from the US. Make sure you get the version with the fully auto fill and discharge valve. Its a bit more expensive but worth it. I have the 3 quart version.

I have a 3 quart accusump system with electric shut off valve and auto valve, that the owner wants to sell

Was removed from a lotus that has been dry sumped.

If your interested send me an email and ill put you in contact with the owner.

Thanks guys for the responses.

GTR32G, thanks for the link. That's a very reasonable price for the 3qt kit and all I'd need to do is get the hoses and fittings.

Do you guys have an opinion on which pressure release valve is best? I'd assume that a lower pressure release (20-25 PSI vs 35-40 PSI or 55-60PSI) is better for RB oil control due to its inherent oiling problems.

I have just gone through the whole process of researching them and been dealing with Canton direct who gave me contacts to people that drift and race RB's in the US with the Accusump and they have advised to run the 35-40psi EPC valve, In the next few days was going to order the kit I have posted above for a R34 GTR.

• 2 weeks later...

Received my Accusump today and it's a sexy bit of kit.

2zexnwn.jpg

Anyway, from the reading I've done it looks like the accusump works on pretty low pressures, so I am questioning the need for braided stainless hoses that can take up to 1000psi.

Do you guys have recommendations for the types of hose to use on an Accusump? I'll also use the same hosing from sandwich plate to oil filter (relocated) and oil cooler.

Its where you run the hose that would dictate the hose you use. I am gaoing to run my 10AN lines where the hydraulic HICAS lines used to go so using 3/4" alloy tube tpo mechanically protect the line. Alloy tube isnt the strongest stuff out there either but thats what I am going to use when it finally gets installed. I still need to get a pressure transducer to put into the sump where the gauge goes so I can log it into my data logger.

The other nightmare is fitting the big mumma check valve somewhere neatly near the remote filter. I want to also run the solenoid in the engine bay rather than in the boot where mine is going to be mounted between the strut brace/battery box and the back seat. Easier to wire and should help response a tad (in theory)

want to also run the solenoid in the engine bay rather than in the boot where mine is going to be mounted between the strut brace/battery box and the back seat. Easier to wire and should help response a tad (in theory)

I'm not sure if response will help as oil should always be pressurised in the lines, so whether the solenoid is at the accusump or next to the engine, when it dumps, it all moves at the same rate through the hose.

Nothing wrong with putting it in the engine bay though.

There would be bugger all in it...but the other thing is putting the solenoid near the t piece in the engine bay you are effectively making the 10AN lines part of the reservoir giving it a bit more volume rather than have that line of oil have to be pressurised and then charge the engine....calling bees d1cks but thats they way I am doing it and why ?!?!

• 11 months later...

im in the middle f getting quotes for an accusump 3 quart for my r33 gtr build. when you guys ordered ya gear the accusump itself has a pressure release valve on it doesnt it i am ruuning a manual valve with a cable just one less thing to go wrong and this is what robs from rips uses

with plumbing it in witht the ex oil cooler in place do you guys just cut and put a t piece in line going back to engine from oil cooler with a check valve on the cooler side of the t piece?

I've ran one now for a couple months.

IMO, get rid of the check valve, don't worry about the solenoid vavle. I just run a manule isolator. Cheaper and fail safe.

Works well for me

Best place to purchase in aus what car are you running one on

Best place to purchase in aus what car are you running one on

USA ebay, Cheaper and it was here in a week.

Track pig R33 GTST, with stock 188000km motor under stock boost. It must be working, it's red hot after I run it out on the track. Great for pre oiling, when you have not run the car for a while.

I just used push-loc oil fittings and just dump the accusump line into the oil cooler. Plenty of people run the accusump without the check valve, the way I looked at it, the oil injected in will take the least path of resistance and the RB25 oil pump is a gear type, which shouldn't be affected by the oil been injected in.

Im making up hoses for my accusump I have a heap of -10 aircon hose and air con fitting would this work ok with oil temp and pressure I spose press would not be a problem