SAU Community

Trust TD-06 Different Specs

Guest INASNT
yup stock ones.

y da hell did u rebuilt ur engine with forged internals and still keep the stock injecotrs and manifold????

Guest INASNT

but u r gonna put bigger injetors and better manifold aint ya??? otherwise the tough internals are a gonna be a waste of $$

Nope, I am selling it now. If i had another $10k, I'd do the suspension, buy some decent 18" rubber, fit a high mount manifold, bigger straight fit injectors, put in a lightweight flywheel and get it re-tuned... and I'm sure I'd make a peak power well over 400hp and a much higher average power than I have no. Fact of the matter is, I've spent well over what I should have in the first place and its time to sell it and move on. :) My next project will be a lightweight, chuckable, go-kart type car.... sure it wont have the same straight line performance, but it'll be extremely light and hug corners :)

I know most people here use HKS GT25s but Im about to go down a different path and try the TRUST route  :sly:  

I was wondering if anyone here can tell me how different specs of TD06 would perform on a RB25DET, in particular the Compressor housing specs between the 17C, 20G, and 25G

The exhaust housing is pretty straight forward: bigger, more power, more lag

What about the the differences between TD06, TD06S, TD06SH and TD06SL2?

The TD06-17C are usually used on high powered SR20s but anyone every tried them on RB25s?

I think you'd find the 17c exhaust housing a bit too small for a rb25det, as most people have said 20g and 25g are the way to go. I'd like to see a t67-25g on a rb25det, HPI had one on a sr20det along with cams it made good power earlier and peaked quite high (wasnt quite 300rwkw but wasnt far off I think).

yes the early td06's appear to have rather nasty looking comp wheels as well (diesel style comp wheels) rather than the later 20g, 25g's etc which seem to have comp wheels which are very similat to gt garret wheels

I think you'd find the 17c exhaust housing a bit too small for a rb25det, as most people have said 20g and 25g are the way to go.

Doesnt the 17C, 20G, 25G refer to the compressor wheel?

Busters results were damn impressive from the TD05-25g with 10cm housing and cams, i think you will find his old car had a TD06-20g though i dont know what size exh housing.... my recommendation, buy DJ Lethals TD06-25G kit (Ex Buster) get the same cams that Buster had and enjoy +300rwkws, you may even be able to get the ECU for this setup is its probably floating around somewhere.

The 20G....25G.....refer to the exhaust housing.

But bare in mind, you can get a 20 or 25G exhaust housing in both internal and external configuration.....for efficiency and performance an external waste gate is the way to go, but the cost will be more. The TD06 pictured at the beginning of this tread have internal wastegates.

The 20G....25G.....refer to the exhaust housing.

But bare in mind, you can get a 20 or 25G exhaust housing in both internal and external configuration.....for efficiency and performance an external waste gate is the way to go, but the cost will be more. The TD06 pictured at the beginning of this tread have internal wastegates.

Are you sure that 20g etc refers to the exhaust housing. The TD06 SL2-20G 8cm you have for sale, your saying that the 20G refers to the exhaust housing?

I dont think thats right. Doesnt the 8cm refers to the exhaust housing, and the 20G refers to the compressor wheel? As for the turbine, i have always assumed they were the same wheel, and that power outputs varied based on the size exhaust housing used (8cm, 10cm etc etc) and the compressor wheel used (17C, 25G etc)