SAU Community

NEW to skylines

gday ppl

im new here, and have a few questions.

first im looking at getting a ride soon its a toss up between an r32 gtst and a z32 300zx.

the z looks better but ultimatly the line will go quicker (i think) what do u guys think?? How much money would i have to throw into the r32 to make respectable times?

if i got the r32 i would probably b looking at an engine swap to maybe a rb25, but i keep hearing about rb30???? what is it?? just a worked rb25 or26 or something???

thanks for the help

rb30= 3litre block from r31 with your choice of topping either rb25 or rb26 heads to make a rb30det, or you can get a rb30et from a vl commo. on this site you may get an overwelming r32 answer for what car to get??

an RB30 in stock form is an engine out of a VL or an R31, its an SOHC 3.0L engine. Full engine code is RB30ET. RB20's n 25's n 26's are all DOHC Engines. However people put the top of an RB25 or RB26 onto an RB30 to get a higher displacement engine with newer technology. There's NUMEROUS threads on this forum on the topic including a guide on how to make one, so the search button should be used to find out more on that.

As for your decision between an R32 and a 300 zed, again, someone else had the same problem... and here's the thread on it... http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=41365

I'd suggest rather than wasting your money on modifying an R32 to make it like an R33, simply buy the R33 and mod that for less money. Keep in mind when putting any engine other than an RB20 into an R32, you'll need to upgrade your AFM and ECU and redo all the wiring to the sensors. Oh and you might need to invest in better brakes. But then again most people do these mods to an R32 anyways to get good times on the track.

Either way, good luck with whichever path you choose.

If your interested in getting a 32 with a RB25, you can probably source one out in Japan. My freind recently bought one through pretige and came with a trust TD-06 on top. Car gonna cost him about 10k and its auto, but he will convert it to mannual, so totalling around 12-13k for one quick ride!

www.prestigemotorsport.com.au

Cheers

thanks guys

im fully not sure hey i reken ill just have to drive both of them over and over till decide lol (poor me) lol

thanks 4 the info bout the rb30 i hadnt a clue what it was tar

ill come to a decision eventually i guess

cheers

go the skyline (what do you expect on a skyline forum? :D

personally i think the 300zx looks to early 80s... the r32 still looks good now 15 years later

gday ppl

im new here, and have a few questions.

first im looking at getting a ride soon its a toss up between an r32 gtst and a z32 300zx.  

the z looks better but ultimatly the line will go quicker (i think) what do u guys think?? How much money would i have to throw into the r32 to make respectable times?  

if i got the r32 i would probably b looking at an engine swap to maybe a rb25, but i keep hearing about rb30???? what is it?? just a worked rb25 or26 or something???

thanks for the help

theres a r31 2door with a rb25det for sale in Qld for $14300 reg..

RB30 in stock form is an engine out of a VL or an R31. Full engine code is RB30ET.

They didn't make an RB30ET Skyline :D

And as far as I know, there are issues with the early Holden RB30 blocks (yes i know that Nissan made them all) due to lack of oil galleries.

Keep in mind that a 300zx is:

1. Heavy. 1600+kgs.

2. Has a very crowded engine bay, making it harder to work on, making labour costs skyrocket, even for 'minor' work.

the weight is a big issue4 me cause i wanna go drifting, and a heavy car is too clumsy, so i was going 4 a r32 gts-t cause they r the lightest Line, 1200kg and rwd. + they arent that expensive, and in my opinion look better than r33's.

ill just hav to c i guess

iv heard so many things about 300's from they are the best most reliable cars in the world for the price - to the biggest waste of money and not worth the effot

i guess just depends on the car

theres no denying the high costs though, the overheating problems, and crampd bay.

also how much money would i have to invest into a r32 gtst to make respectable times???

cause stock i no the 300 are quicker.

r32 gtst like 0-100 in 6.5 or so

while the TT 300 is 0-100 in like 5.6 or so

here's a quick fact... a good drift car does not have good 1/4 times and a good drag car makes a really shitty drift car.

If it is drift that you are interested in (the proper track based competitive ones) its a bit wierd to use a 300zx as your intro car into the scene, simply because of its weight distribution. A drift car is responsive and has a low RPM high boost. Its suspension setup is such that the toe, camber and castor are all setup to give more grip to the car while turning.

A drag car on the other hand usually has a high RPM boost, allows for higher km/h pretty laggy without proper staging, absolutely shit slow out of corners and has suspension as stiff as a rock setup to keep the car as low and stuck to the road in a straight line as possible.

So pick your sport and stick to it. If you try to make your car a jack of all trades you'll end up wasting your money and your car will perform badly in all of em.

If you want a cheap quick 1/4mile car get a zed, with less initial outlay you'll have a pretty quick car. If you want a good drift car that is easy to manuevre and easy to hold at that sweet spot (you'll get what I mean when you try it) then get a silvia or a 180sx. If you want the best of both worlds and a fun daily driver, get an R32.