Nismo fuel pump (rewired)

Mine's front pipe

3" test pipe

3.5" Tomei Ti Expreme

Greddy Profec B spec 2 (disconnected)

17psi on standard ecu

20130905_152938_zpsd514b210.jpg

Soon to be added: PFC, ID1000, Z32 AFM, E85

R31Nismoid claims 280rwkw on 18psi @ Racepace dyno with his stock ecu.

To be honest I was expecting much less though - around 250rwkw.

I would not be surprised if it were to read lower on a dyno dynamics roller dyno.

Point of my dyno check was to ensure AFR is safe, timing is accurate and no knocking - all of which were achieved.

Also I'm very glad to report that there is very minimal boost drop from the Garrett 1 bar actuators with only a small amount of preload wound in.

Reaches a maximum of 17psi at 4,000rpm and does not drop below 16psi all the way till redline.

When it gets tuned, I will get the cam gears dialed in and reattach the boost controller to keep the gates shut for as long as possible.

Looking forward to some good improvements in the response department.

I'm not a doubter because I have no clue about these things but I just haven't seen it before so I was amazed.

Keep up the good work though and as long as the AFR's are sweet and you're happy then that's all that matters

Nah, I'm talking about Grant, cos I know he had his old 33 gtr tuned by Trent and got a little over 300kw on the same dyno with similar mods and he had PFC.

To settle any doubts, I think it seems like quite a normal figure. Although peak power is quite similar, you can see where the gains are with the car properly tuned.

50Nm difference in peak torque. Reaches almost exactly the same spot (Approx 4200rpm)

80kw vs 95kw @ 3000rpm

190kw vs 210kw @ 4000rpm

220kw vs 265kw @ 5000rpm

260kw vs 300kw @ 6000rpm

If Grant doesn't mind I'm happy to post his graph or he can so people have something to compare with.

Or it can be found in the RB26 dyno results thread anyway

Unregistered Dark Blue 34 GTT on way to Vicroads - don't worry, it's registered now.

Congrats! Didn't spot you sorry, maybe I was too busy focusing on make do GPS and rushing to get to Trent's cos was running late

Fatz, he's talking about my first 33r with GT-SS's not the last one.

Michael, post them up, btw I didn't doubt you. Just found it interesting that you achieved with standard ecu.

Probably says about your motor being healthy - I was told mine had low compression in cyl 2, didn't know of it until I enquired about buying motor/box back. No idea how long the cyl 2 were down for, never done a compression test on cars I buy :/

Grant, nothing unhealthy with that figure at all. As you can see, by 5000rpm you're up by a massive 45kw.

Don't think you mentioned cam gears either in that recipe. Obviously some more gains to be had in the mid range.

That along with E85 would have been pretty damn quick setup. Also you didn't have fuel pump, injectors or afms upgraded which would have been the limiting factor to push any further.