SAU Community

hey all. I went down to nizzpro today and got myself a diagnosis port from an old sr20 180 to put into my rb20.

The question I have is, am I able to connect the diagnoses plug cables to the wires coming from the correct pins on the ecu, or do I have to solder it directly onto the ecu pins?

It just seems it would be a much easier job if I can connect to the pre existing wires by simply splicing into them, rather than having to try and solder onto the tiny pins in the ecu. Plus it means that there is no chance of me connecting to the wrong pin as they are all close together, dropping solder into the ecu, or accidentally soldering two pins together by a random string of wire or piece of thick solder. that would be very hazardous to the ecu.

any input would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards,

Poeticjustice88

if i was to solder to the wires, would I have to cut the existing wires to stop excess noise or interference.

what I mean is. for example, if I need to join to the wires coming from pin #1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, do i join my diagnosis plug to the wires coming from the ecu and then cut the rest of the original wire off? Or do I splice into those wires and leave the originals connected to whatever they are?

Kind Regards,

Michael