SAU Community

Rb20Det Ok To Leave Aac Unplugged?

mrsr32

Just had alook at a car and the guy has the aac unplugged, said that when he plugs it in, it idles around 2000rpm. he has tried cleaning it apparently.

he says it just runs rough when cold.

any adverse affects to not having acc plugged in? car has no a/c

If you turn your headlights on, run your demister, turn your steering and pump your breaks all at the same time and the car doesn't die, you should be able to get away with it. Maybe the guy did clean it but maybe not properly or maybe he tried to adjust the spring on it and f**ked up the idle. Check your ECU see if it has the idle control dial thing. Clean the AAC your self put it back together and plug it in then tinker around with the idle control on the ECU. There's a guide on here somewhere.

Did the guy/you not try to turn the screw on the AAC unit to adjust the idle? Maybe when he cleaned it he didn't screw it back in far enough to have it idle correctly. There is a DIY thread on this site that tells you how to do it correctly (as well as adjusting idles correctly).

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/110431-diy-aac-valve-cleaning-idle-reset/

There's the link, just in case...

Thanks all, i bought the car today, pulled the aac to bits and cleaned it out, still idles high.

I can adjust the idle with the screw so have it just under 1000rpm and it drives ok, see how it is after a cold start though.

To check the base timing, do i need to change the idle down to 650 and then set the timing or can i do it at my new idle?

• 3 weeks later...