SAU Community

C34 Stagea Hid

chrisbuzz

As above D2R, if you go to Autobarn for replacements - take a toilet with you. I almost crapped myself when he said $350

EACH!!!

Needless to say i bought Philips Patent licensed ones that are 6000k off Ebay for $80 delivered.

Very clean white light with a tinge of blue.

As above D2R, if you go to Autobarn for replacements - take a toilet with you. I almost crapped myself when he said $350

EACH!!!

Needless to say i bought Philips Patent licensed ones that are 6000k off Ebay for $80 delivered.

Very clean white light with a tinge of blue.

Wt! $350 / ea...........

when did you buy it?

I just saw on ebay selling $30 now.

I am looking for 8000k

One more Question....when i change the HID

do i need to take off the bumper???

No you don't need to take off the bumper. It's all done at the back of the Headlight. I was even able to do the drivers side without removing the battery.

You rotate the white/cream coloured cap with the little tab hanging off it clockwise to remove the cap.

Then you will see the metal cover that needs to be unclipped from its mounts.

From there you can rotate the main plug to remove it from the globe

Then you can undo the clip that holds the globe inplace and remove the globe itself.

I am pretty sure that procedure is correct as i did it about 3months ago.

Make sure you don't get your fingers on the new globe when installing.

Edit : These are what i bought

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Philips-D2S-D2R-D2C-Xenon-Bulbs-6000K-35W-Maxima-02-07-/250689991471?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a5e49b32f

He will then msg you back to specify which exact bulb and you say Dee Too Arrr :D

Edited by Jezboosted

No you don't need to take off the bumper. It's all done at the back of the Headlight. I was even able to do the drivers side without removing the battery.

You rotate the white/cream coloured cap with the little tab hanging off it clockwise to remove the cap.

Then you can undo the clip that holds the globe inplace and remove the globe itself.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Philips-D2S-D2R-D2C-Xenon-Bulbs-6000K-35W-Maxima-02-07-/250689991471?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a5e49b32f

He will then msg you back to specify which exact bulb and you say Dee Too Arrr :D

Thanks mate good info, just bought myself a set after reading your post :thumbsup:

I found the c34 headlights better than most new cars. What makes HIDs so much better?

HID lamps are a whiter light. they also use less power for the amount of light they produce. the lamps in the Stagea, are 35w the H1's they put in for complience are at least 60w lamps.

• Like 1

But I saw it dont hv much room bw the battery and headlight.

However, on the top of headligh witten H1, so I sould but H1 or D2R??

My stagea all is factory.

Thanks mate good info, just bought myself a set after reading your post :thumbsup:

Awesome ! Glad to help.

I just remembered another thing - you will notice that the globe base has little cut outs in it or "locators". Make sure these are lined up so the bulb goes back in nice and flat.

Play around trial fitting the old ones first so you get comfortable with the procedure. I don't like forcing new parts :D

Edited by Jezboosted

But I saw it dont hv much room bw the battery and headlight.

However, on the top of headligh witten H1, so I sould but H1 or D2R??

My stagea all is factory.

H1 is the parker bulb ( look at link it's tiny )

https://www.google.com.au/search?gs_rn=15&gs_ri=psy-ab&tok=CYvfPD0ZJyTFJX8Lf2v8OQ&suggest=p&cp=5&gs_id=k&xhr=t&q=h1+bulb&safe=off&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47244034,d.aGc&biw=1680&bih=902&wrapid=tljp137035021636508&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=ZuKtUb--Cs-5iAfe64DIBA

I didn't even need to look when doing the battery side, did it by feel while squishing my hand in there :D

Anyways, worst comes to worst - remove battery :D

H1 is the parker bulb ( look at link it's tiny )

https://www.google.com.au/search?gs_rn=15&gs_ri=psy-ab&tok=CYvfPD0ZJyTFJX8Lf2v8OQ&suggest=p&cp=5&gs_id=k&xhr=t&q=h1+bulb&safe=off&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47244034,d.aGc&biw=1680&bih=902&wrapid=tljp137035021636508&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=ZuKtUb--Cs-5iAfe64DIBA

I didn't even need to look when doing the battery side, did it by feel while squishing my hand in there :D

Anyways, worst comes to worst - remove battery :D

I did remove the battery to change the small headlight last week. :no:

and i saw the lump shound hv some screw locked, right?

• 1 month later...

same as R34, there is a small odd headed screw holding them in, i never put these back as they do almost nothing and the base clips itself in.

phillips is the way to go. 6000k give a better whiter light in my oppinion.

can I ask, I removed my lamps the other day to try and upgrade, but my lamps didn't look anything like what you guys have put up! is the Stagea 260rs lights different ?