SAU Community

R33 Gtst

casper33

<p>Ive never been on here and looking for advice for engine mods for my r33 gtst just spent $4000 on exterior that ill never see again but anyway time to pour some cash into the engine.

i was thinking is it a better idea just to put a rb26 in it seriously and go from there.

Edited by casper33

Want to keep the auto so when i go for a drive and decide to get on the beers the mrs can drive me back

It defiantly feels like i am going fast

But the way that ford man handled me

Put me right back in my place

For the cost of buying and fitting a rb26 you could build a 25 with a buttload more power.

And to try and keep up with the Ford, do exhaust, intercooler, wind the boost up to start with.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

i ask this coz im spending $1300 on a new ECU with a nistune chip and it puts out 176kw at the rear wheels now. only have intercooler upgrade and spitfire coil packs

Oh dear you are gonna have to spend quite a few Bob to see em off ,on the track of coarse

I spent 10 grand 9 years ago best money I ever spent,she still go in strong after all these years,also my

daily do 30000 plus a year what fun. :-)

I spent 10 grand and have three boost settings my liner is set for safe and reliable driving

do some reading on mods in here you will find every thing you need to know.

Enjoy your skyline they are a fun fantastic drive every day I open the shed door those hot plate rear lights

make me smile just as they have for 12 years. :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you wanna make big power theres nothing surprising about throwing $30,000 to $40,000 at it. The guy who runs the performance workshop around the corner from my work is building a '33 GTR that is expected to make 500rwkw and so far he has given him $30k with at least another $10k expected. RB26DETT, twin HKS turbos, three throttle bodies for laminar air flow, insane amount of engine protection, computer will retard engine with even slightest change in oil pressure or temp spikes... Too much to list.

This thing makes me want to cry simply because I don't own it.

But if you want to make good power, highflow the turbo, intercooler, exhaust, coilpack upgrades, nistune, and maybe bigger injectors....
Should get out of that for around $5-$6k.

*My advice...

A '33 GTST makes around 170kw from standard, which is plenty fast specially if its your daily. Buy another one, turn it into a racecar and save it for the track. No need for stupid horsepower running around on the roads.