SAU Community

FWIW, I had a supra with hks coilies and it handles so damn well.. Far better than my stupid S2K currently*.

*May be unfair cause S2k has stock suspension.. I hate it most cause of electric PS.

I find my S2000 handles very well for a stock car.

I've been in ones with modified suspension too and they handle excellently.

you're chasing power but OP's original options are natmo?

I'm assuming you're on your P's. Just go with whatever tickles your fancy, then upgrade when off your P's

I find my S2000 handles very well for a stock car.

I've been in ones with modified suspension too and they handle excellently.

been on a track with it?

My mini has far harder suspension

I didn't realise the r34, supra or 350z came out with the sr20

lol, op should broaden his options

but for power supra it is

@Tom's, i like your statement!

Edited by enka
  • Like 1

its all personal taste as far as looks go, but if you drive a supra, you'll be like mmmm, this is good shit :)

in my opinion. they look awesome when not covered in veilside gayness, and bling chromies, which unfortunately is far too common with supra owners.

558073_495907553800453_1673827361_n.jpg

toyota_supra_mkiv.jpg

img7537q.jpg

must incl. 1 hottie

Hot-Import-Night-Toyota-Supra-eye-candi.

all of these cars, or the r34 n supra specifically, are horses for courses across anybody's view of looks, power, handling, and practicality.

I love the look of the supra (albeit with a bit of bodykit or rims) and would certainly be my pick in the R34 v Supra equation. But I also love the R33 the most, again with a bodykit or in GTR version though. N this if often considered the ugliest of the skylines...

As far as motor goes, it depends if it is going to be stock or modded. You want epic power or drivability. Some people don't mind lag, I hate it...

Decide what YOU like overall, do your research and check $ (cos any of these cars will eat it at their age) and then go buy it, drive it, love it.

"find me the girl most guys think is the hottest of them all, and ill find you the guy who is tired of f**king her"

Edited by jjman

its all personal taste as far as looks go, but if you drive a supra, you'll be like mmmm, this is good shit :)

in my opinion. they look awesome when not covered in veilside gayness, and bling chromies, which unfortunately is far too common with supra owners.

Loving those black Supras. If I had my way you would win the most awesome post of thread award, may not be the most coveted award given the competition though :P

Edited by *LOACH*

put it this way,

the supra comes with a factory RB26/30DETT, rated to 600-700rwhp safely

6 speed gearbox ready to run 7's on the 1/4 mile, or handle around 1000rwhp

but its a bit of a boat and not so practical for a daily

shit. now i want that black supra, does it include the girl?

Edited by LANDSCRIBBLE

put it this way,

THIS.

no need to spend 20grand on a built rb30 when the 2jz motor will take up to 700whp on stock internals, absolute torque monsters

Edited by discoPumpkin

spec wise - the only supra i would be making a move on while on my P's is the RZ, with the vvti motor, 6sp, 4pots/2pots - they will stand the test of time

alternatively (and much rarer) i would opt for the R34 GTV which shares the suspsnesion, LSD and 4pot/2pots

both have a classic straight 6, but i would have to say the non-turbo Supra is better interpretation of the full blown 2JZ Supra, where as the GTV/GTT seems like a watered down version of the GTR - although the best Supra will always be in the shadow of a GTR - which will always be in the shadow of the NSX (only my opinion)

clean supras are harder and harder to find nowadays and they really have a presence on the road - i went with a R34 because i thought no-matter what car rolled up next to mine at the light - i felt i was in the right car - not the better, faster, better handling or anything tangible like that - i felt it suited me better than any other car out there

you really need to find one that stands out / inspires you and then will know because it will have your name on it

these 2 threads should help you out to find your preference

R34 thread

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/146573-r34splease/page-246

supra thread

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthread.php?101-Supra-Picture-Thread/page66

frontinterior.jpg

sidedriverside.jpg

1773121_4.jpg

17788067.jpg

4EDD5ACC628C4A81A4418FEAC247EC9A.jpg

21350928.jpg

Supra

img_7102.png

4474923467_1649c8fa74_o.jpg

DSCF7643-1.jpg

DSCF7662-1.jpg

p1.jpg

p8.jpg

p5.jpg

aIMG_1921.jpg

DSC_6330.jpg

Edited by squareznboxez

put it this way,

THIS.

no need to spend 20grand on a built rb30 when the 2jz motor will take up to 700whp on stock internals, absolute torque monsters

Won't last for long though