SAU Community

Western Sydney Drags Sunday 16Th June 2013

CLNSKY

Hey guys since Wednesday was cancelled due to rain i'll be going down on Sunday with a couple of mates. I have spoken to the admins and got a lane booked. Feel free to come along =)

My Facebook event I've made is here

Event info is here

Looking forward to meeting some new faces!

Hey guys since Wednesday was cancelled due to rain i'll be going down on Sunday with a couple of mates. I have spoken to the admins and got a lane booked. Feel free to come along =)

My Facebook event I've made is here

Event info is here

Looking forward to meeting some new faces!

I'm actually planning to head to drags this sunday....never been before

Is it cool if I join in on the lane you've booked? How much $$ is it?

I'm actually planning to head to drags this sunday....never been before

Is it cool if I join in on the lane you've booked? How much $$ is it?

Sure thing mate hop in with us! You'll learn a heck load :D

Think we already have some S14/15's coming along so can have a chat. ( I think you have an s15 haha )

Its $55 to compete

$20 for spectators

Good to see guys coming out for a crack!

This is only my 3rd visit so i know what if feels like!

For competitors remember.

Important items for competitors to bring:

• Current drivers licence
  • An Approved Helmet - See Approved Helmets Here (AS/NZS 1698 sticker)
  • Long-sleeved shirt
  • Long pants
  • Enclosed shoes (no thongs or sandals)

Make sure your battery is in tight and you have no oil leaks.

Charge your gopros!

Note - Got an email from John @ the drags saying they where booked out for lanes damn. So next best thing i do is ask to be all put in one lane.

Looks like its going to be a busy Sunday!

I'll be heading out from the Hills area if anyone is nearby can cruise out together.

I might have to step aside from this one. The admins said its pretty much fully booked and going to be a busy day.

Might go back on a Wednesday night when its cooler and i'm able to book a lane.

If it fills up with 220 cars - Will only get about 2-3 runs I'd say from 10am-4pm.

When i go at night i get about 6-8 runs and I'm there for less time :yes:

Sorry about that guys, but if only Sunday you can make it definitely go down and have a crack! Then come to a Wednesday night one as well after. Hopefully #@34GeeTeeTee can make it to this one. July 3 or 10 lets sketch it in :rolleyes:

Disregard what i said earlier. I will be there, got convinced to go out since i won't have a Wednesday off in a while :/

If you are still keen to go please PM me!

#@BakemonoRicer #@RiseofBrutality #@tom32

As said earlier anyone else interested tag along and i'll try be as helpful as possible to calm your nerves :P

Disregard what i said earlier. I will be there, got convinced to go out since i won't have a Wednesday off in a while :/

If you are still keen to go please PM me!

#@BakemonoRicer #@RiseofBrutality #@tom32

As said earlier anyone else interested tag along and i'll try be as helpful as possible to calm your nerves :P

Hmm, I've bailed out now man.

Not exactly sure how entry works, but seeing as I'd be coming from Newcastle don't want to take the risk of getting there and not getting any runs if all the lanes are already booked...

Hmm, I've bailed out now man.

Not exactly sure how entry works, but seeing as I'd be coming from Newcastle don't want to take the risk of getting there and not getting any runs if all the lanes are already booked...

I highly doubt ALL the lanes will be booked out, its just the allocation for bookings has been filled. So if we get in early ~ 930/10 and ask to all be in one lane it will still work out.

But all the way from Newie i feel you!

You can't book "all the lanes".

Competitor gates open at 10am so you want to be there by 9:30 to 9:45am at the latest and line up at the gates with other competitors. The first 220 through the gate get to race, everyone after that is a spectator or goes home.

After you have been scrutineered you line up in the lanes behind the start area that the officials appoint you to based on the type of car you have or the expected ET.

The only benefit to "booking a lane" is so that if you have a group of a dozen or more mates that you want to race against it makes it much easier to line up against them instead of mixed in with everyone else.

You can't book "all the lanes".

Competitor gates open at 10am so you want to be there by 9:30 to 9:45am at the latest and line up at the gates with other competitors. The first 220 through the gate get to race, everyone after that is a spectator or goes home.

After you have been scrutineered you line up in the lanes behind the start area that the officials appoint you to based on the type of car you have or the expected ET.

The only benefit to "booking a lane" is so that if you have a group of a dozen or more mates that you want to race against it makes it much easier to line up against them instead of mixed in with everyone else.

This man speaks the truth. Well put :)

Yer I went down for the last Sunday run and they don't book out lanes 1&2 so just be early and you get in I will be leaving Newcastle at 6am to get there and last time we were about 10 th car and we did 6 runs and I stopped for lunch and spend time with family .

I have the car on tralier see you guys there it should be a good temp wise good hp and good times

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• All the above effort, time, swapping out parts in the dark (i.e. no O2 data). You're literally running in the dark.
    • Looks like both of my cars have pressure switch issues. The R32 GTR has 18 flashes on the ATTESSA controller which is "ETS pressure switch circuit". The 4WD light is intermittent, and often just restarting the car clears it. There is an $300 replacement option https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/285675135148?itmmeta=01HXN3YKRGKQ08GRZ5KFKKZWJT&hash=item428390a0ac:g:6CcAAOSwWxBltMEG so if it becomes a permanent issue and I can confirm that the switch is the issue, i have a solution. The NM35 is reporting C1208, and disconnecting the switch causes the 4WD light to go away. Translating from the Japanese shop manual "when the pressure is reduced to 2.6MPa (377 psi) or less: conduction occurs when the pressure increases to 3.8MPa (550 psi) or less: conduction is present. Reference: • Immediately after the E-TS actuator motor stops, the pressure inside the accumulator is high and there is no continuity." Not sure how good the translation is but from what i can deduce this means the switch is normally closed (NC) and as the pressure builds from 0 to 550 psi the switch stays closed, then opens and 550 psi. As the pressure drops from 550 psi to 377 psi the switch stays open then closes again at 377 psi. Is that how these things work? These pressures are a lot higher than the R32 ("control pressure 0-228 psi") but i'm hoping i can find a generic switch (like they've done for the R32) to use as a replacement. Maybe something like https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/355586397452?epid=1676016964&itmmeta=01HXN534AF22ACTG6TGDDQGEQ7&hash=item52ca99d50c:g:mAEAAOSw8ilmBcMh&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8LtWdNlWHgyJ%2F3cbw25S2A1lde3qBi3fJii4T3lQavCz4kpqiD42SmBa4FocMvXCjcxiowHjb8vZ8%2BWxc53BkHv781tkStSnCDaenfGKC3bIp0keK20dfsn9LoPa3TfqaEmAydqqyKobgTdXsGGzsl%2BRjOVGuD8OIpOv%2B0wMl7aUtHg0iJtojbtzA%2BRS8Xfm8Ufjuvz4niwrqglAXFUbkL6J%2FGuHPeeECZhLBBN3iNM1Swl94Fv5zE95YK%2B5O6dxDN1ySNOjdMxkA8yaprbuwRHFQv1nlGh%2FWjekj6EUFR2%2FO4HTsoKtSAkY0Mj1w1uf1w%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR6zFjKXtYw but with a lower close pressure, and thread adapter if required. Am i dreaming?
    • That is a dead f**king short of B+ to ground. Scary.
    • 10-15 years ago, the answer would always be buy a good import motor and so many machine shops make.a hash of an engine rebuild, or they think they are some sort of RB magicians and want 40k.      Now as others have stated, you are buying a VERY old used motor. So rebuild is the correct answer.  Just finding a machine shop that will both do a good job and charge you a regular price is now your challenge.