SAU Community

What to do. Facing 12 months suspension.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i will be in the no-license club soon.....

2 weeks to go and no license for 6months

*sighz*! baby is sittin in my garage lookin pretty...

i haven't driven it for 3 weeks now since my insurance campany cancelled on me coz they found out i had a suspension

so 6months to go and counting!!!!

aiii public transport sux

Deal with it. Curb your driving technique and maybe you can hold onto it for longer next time round..

I am clearly not winging about my loss of license buddy. I asked for some advice on whether i should keep my car, and if so how to keep it mechanically maintained. Save the jibberish for your councilist! :argue:

Anyways, like you haven't speed before. :bs!:

Interesting the age of the posters in this thread.

Gtst89: i know you're not whinging, and i know you're copping it on the chin (no pun intended) but i mean seriously, i actually don't know your age but i am completely surprised by the amount of young ppl who had posted and all seem to have suspensions! I've been driving for 5 years, 3 on L's (you can still be an idiot on your L's) and 2 on P's. No crashes and no speeding fines, and it's very hard to find insurance. Maybe you're out of this particular age bracket, but look at the age of ppl posting above. Dudes, save it for the track, and take it off the streets, it really can't be that hard?

Sorry to hear about the loss of the license, and i know you accept it.

keep the car.

cheers

I am clearly not winging about my loss of license buddy. I asked for some advice on whether i should keep my car, and if so how to keep it mechanically maintained. Save the jibberish for your councilist!  :argue:  

Anyways, like you haven't speed before.  :bs!:

Any experience in this situation or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You said any experience or help, Its pretty obvious you need to start your car from time to time and get someone to take it for a brief drive for you.

But the best thing to do would not to loose your licence in the 1st place thats all. I know you werent winging about it, I was just stating thats all, hope that clarifys for you.. :headspin:

Cheers for the comments mate. Yeah i agree, but i can't speak for the others on here. Just myself. I encourage everyone to use the racetrack as opposed to the roads, but sometimes you just get unlucky and over excited (like when you get a new mod, you don't wait until you get to the race track to test it out). Im 21, and have had my fair share of fines and loss of demerits, but i deal with it as i bought it on myself. Some people have to learn the hard way - im learning very quickly now. Regretful in my actions i am, but screw winging - what's happened has happened.

Im keeping her. :-)

Any experience in this situation or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

You said any experience or help' date=' Its pretty obvious you need to start your car from time to time and get someone to take it for a brief drive for you.

But the best thing to do would not to loose your licence in the 1st place thats all. I know you werent winging about it, I was just stating thats all, hope that clarifys for you.. :headspin:[/quote']

Yeah that's fine. Cheers for the advice. I do understand loosing my license in the first place would have been ideal, but in my present situation - that is not an option for me. Thanks for the feedback champ. :rofl:

gtst89 i understand your pain im going into court to contest a charge....i got done on the 23rd Jan 2004 driving down victoria road. The fine was for exceeding 45km/h in a 60 zone and also i had no green p plates on, to make matters worse i got done during double demerit weekend. It was a monster amount of points i think im looking at 9-12 months off the road as well.

Anyone that has lost it before, you think it pays to keep driving but to stay off the main roads?? and not during double de-merits....and maybe mum drive the line and ill drive her saab haha.

gtst89....you still have a licence you'r just not allowed to drive for 12 months or so. You can still drive on the track and dragstrip you just need a mate to drive you out there

Exactly!! come guys, help give us a youngins a better name than what we've already got.

I was quoted $2500 full comp for a friggen 1991, Nissan Pulsar hatchback!!! :)

Slow it down!!

Dude I wouldnt worry so much, trust me, things change, when I lost my licence, everyone with Skyline's were champions, top people, and I lost my licence for 9 mths, as soon as I got back into it, the sheer atmoshpere had changed, and there were Skylines everywhere, and everyone who seemed to have bought em were wankers, and I'll be honest, some people who did buy em are even in these forums!!!!

this is so true.

all to do with the price of skylines dropping so young fags can now afford them.

SS8 i await the period till you lose your licence for a bullshit offence... Cos thats what happend to me... The reason why all these young drivers on the streets have suspensions for is because of the 5 point rule and the obvious discrimination by police to find things against imported and modified cars! I have lost my licence because of an offence i commited last year (holding a mobile not talking on it) and this 3 points was counted towards the new law brought out this year.. Interesting how vicroads can enforce retrospective laws... I drive responsibly and i am sitting at home without a licence right now, the last day i drove my car i got pulled over 2 times in 4 mins for no reason...if the cops want to get you, they get you case closed.