SAU Community

R33 into the 12's

Guest Robo's

Guest Robo's

Well finally did it at Calder tonight with my stock turboed R33 GTST running street tyred Sumituno's HRZ'2's with a [email protected] with a 2.02 60 foot. I was completely wrapped.

First run saw a PB of [email protected] with a 2.09 60'foot. Next run was surely a 12 second run with a 1.97 60' foot but missed 3rd gear and coasted to a 13.6. Then the final run of the night saw the above result [email protected].

All this result with the standard turbo running 13psi, still using the trusty SAFC, FMIC, Full 3 inch exhaust, Boxed up Pod, and cam gears.

Got to be happy with that :rofl:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well finally did it at Calder tonight with my stock turboed R33 GTST running street tyred Sumituno's HRZ'2's with a [email protected] with a 2.02 60 foot.  I was completely wrapped.

First run saw a PB of [email protected] with a 2.09 60'foot.  Next run was surely a 12 second run with a 1.97 60' foot but missed 3rd gear and coasted to a 13.6.  Then the final run of the night saw the above result [email protected].

All this result with the standard turbo running 13psi, still using the trusty SAFC, FMIC, Full 3 inch exhaust, Boxed up Pod, and cam gears.

Got to be happy with that :rofl:

Good Job! Best I could get out of my stock turboed RB25 was a 13.8 @ 104 with a 2.1 60ft. Of course my RB25 is in an S13 body so I should be a little quicker. I am running stock IC, stock ECU with no fuel correction and 3" exhaust. Looks like cam gears and SAFC should be on my list of future mods.

great effort robbo it means a 12 is not far away for me either had a similar mph with less power than now.

calder seem to have made the surface much better for launching heard of some great times last night dr-drifts ca datto 1600 ran 12.003 @ 113 mph on street tyres and he did a 1.7 60'. also a gtr did 11.6 @ 120 mph.

meggala

Awesome! Congratulations, thats very impressive without heaps of mods. In NZ the quickest R33s are barely touching into the 13s :rofl:

I'm just a n00b here, but I have been quietly tracking your progress and soaking info, because I have been building up parts for my R33 - and your car for a while had very similar to the mods I decided to do for my "first stage" (cold air intake, cat back exhaust, and S-AFC2) and read quite a few posts re: your car and S-AFC tuning which looked very positive for the direction I was heading.

What clutch are you running?

Guest Robo's
Awesome!  Congratulations, thats very impressive without heaps of mods.  In NZ the quickest R33s are barely touching into the 13s :rofl:

I'm just a n00b here, but I have been quietly tracking your progress and soaking info, because I have been building up parts for my R33 - and your car for a while had very similar to the mods I decided to do for my "first stage" (cold air intake, cat back exhaust, and S-AFC2) and read quite a few posts re: your car and S-AFC tuning which looked very positive for the direction I was heading.    

What clutch are you running?

Running the Extreme Daikin Heavy duty. Its been in for nearly a year now with about 20 runs down the strip and not one problem. Not bad for $400.

Guest Robo's
Sweet thats a great result.I bet ur happy with that.....What did u strip off the car to save on the weight?? :drooling:

Nothing, car is run just like i drive it. Though i do weigh 106kg, so you littier guys might be able to go quicker.

Very nice. I always thought that 12s were asking a bit too much out of the std turbo + SAFC. Obviously not. In fact I don't think I know of any other 12s without a power fc or some sort of ignition timing control.

Good to see another std turbo r33 into the 12's, still not sure where im gonna find a full 1sec but it'll be fun (and expensive) trying :rofl:

R33vit ran a 12.9sec on the std turbo with a "road tuned" P/Fc which is extremly impressive too.

One person does it, then two, then people realise that it is FAR from impossible and all of a sudden everyone is doing it.

Just another barrier utterley smashed by half a dozen 33 gtst's. Well done mate. :rofl:

Adrian

Running the Extreme Daikin Heavy duty.  Its been in for nearly a year now with about 20 runs down the strip and not one problem.  Not bad for $400.

No, not at all - I haven't had any problems with mine at all... but so far I have only been running around on stock boost, untuned SAFC and a catback exhaust - so no real stress for it YET :P I run 255s on the back so I am a bit worried that after the car is tuned with a bit more boost - it might get a bit more upset.

Anyway, keep up the good times guys! I'll watch with interest how you guys are going and see if I can get an R33 representing a little in NZ as well :rofl:

Lithium,

Unlike most of the NZ R33 gtst owners it seems you are actually looking for good advice and are preppared to aim at something (aim at nothing and you hit it every time).Don't worry I'm sure the 12 second pass won't be far off for you either.