SAU Community

DECA - The Aftermath

Al

hey guys,

its bec here,

just wanted to say that i too had a great weekend.

sleepy trip home tho on sunday nite.

thanx for the pics adz.

we have some great photos as well - still to come.

me and Chris looked at the video footage on Sunday night when we got back home and it is pretty nice - lots of good stuff

catch yas soon

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Al and I do about 400k's (i've done 480) so its not that much of a diff dude.

yes, i use a much more harder compound on my tyres (that's my official excuse). Lot harder to smoke up ;). Also might help that I haven't attended a skidpan day just yet and that I have a very low powered skyline. ;) I'd love to see the day Al managed to get 520km out of a full tank :) Different courses for different horses eh?

Hey greg is it too large, coz at the res I'm running at (1600 by something) its pretty small. I'll take it off for now till I get around to making a smaller version.

adz

yeah it looks really good

camera was really sturdy on all the runs mounted in the cars - some good footage, although the best bit was watching you try to turn the camera off after your run. hehehehehe

I knew that would be a laugh. Do you think I could figure it out??? ;) Hahaha Red Lancer!! You know it was for sale?? Should of got it's number.

Can you find out what type of tape it uses? I need to convert it to digital if it's not. I might need to grabe the tape and I'll put it to DVD. Cheers.

i got absolutely no idea about the tape etc. :Oops:

- sorry cant help ya.

chris will come on and discuss with you im sure, and he'll arrange for a swap/conversion or watever needs to be done.

:)

Bec

I got wind of the FordMods forum bagging us for out dominance at DECA, so i decided to reply back. I registered as a user and quoted one post then replied to it.

This is what i wrote :) :

FordMods Post:

arm79 wrote:

To those who braved the track (Blo, Andrew and StanXR6) well done on putting up some bloody respectable times and scores on the board. Alot of Rice Burner drivers will be looking over their shoulders for Falcons now after being beaten (and in some cases pretty well) by the Ford Boys. I cant remember any times for the skid pan or figure 8 circuits, but I do know Russ posted a 54.2 and Andrew posted a 52.something on the speed circuit, where the winner was only a few seconds better in a Rice Thing (someone please remind me what it was) with some $30k+ worth of mods. But the best part to the day would have to be the Slalom run at the end, where the Ford boys embarrassed alot of the Rice Mobiles. This is where congrats must go to Russ and Andrew for getting into the top 8 (? I think it was) and only narrowly missing moving into the top 6 by a bee's dick. Where everyone thought they would be beaten, the Fords came good against a number of supposedly "superior" (by that i mean turboed, all wheel drive, etc) cars, only to miss out by that bee's dick. I know I got about 1:10 worth of video of most of the cars. Alot of video of grey and white smoke from that bloody green Torana and oranage Ute. Looking very much forward to the next one... Where even I might enter my poor car....  

What a GREAT day! I was great to mix it up with other enthusiests. But i ask you to respect the cars and not the badge. This has turned into a very humerous post and i can not believe the level of BS being spun to justify the import dominance.

The winner of the sprint circuit/track was a STANDARD R34 GTT (not even a GTR)! The time recorded was 47sec, pritty huge margin in my opinion. Only mods done to the car were a cat. back exhaust and 18" rims. Hardly the so claimed $30K+ worth of mods. Second winner was a R33 GTR, but this to was standard and had a slipping clutch to boot. The only really heavily modified skyline was the silver R33 Mines GTR, but due to the mods made the car more laggy and less than ideal for the events. But we all had fun and enjoyed what we had.

I myself got knocked out by Andrew M. in his AU falcon, (toward the final stages) no excusses he was the better driver on that run. I went a little too hard which caused the arse end to step out and once that happened the race was over. I was driving the Burgundy R33 Gtst Skyline.

The car that really impressed me was the TE Cortina, the times he was recording were sensational. Maybe a few people from this forum should take a few driving pointers from this guy and find what made this 77/78 model car run circles around the later model fords!

Bottom line, if you can only make these pittyful excuses for your short comings, take it home, rebuild it and see ya out there on the next event!

Hey Bec, glad to hear you and Chris enjoyed the event.

How is Chris's car, regarding the battery problem and his clutch. After the day's event was the clutch still ok or did it get worse.

If we could get all vids and pics on one dvd i would be more than happy to pay for a copy :).

It was really nice meeting all you guys. I had a really great time. my car is too laggy, that's why it was only good in Figure 8.also have a really great fun with all your guys!

I got wind of the FordMods forum bagging us for out dominance at DECA, so i decided to reply back.  I registered as a user and quoted one post then replied to it.

This is what i wrote :) :

:rant:  

What a GREAT day! I was great to mix it up with other enthusiests. But i ask you to respect the cars and not the badge. This has turned into a very humerous post and i can not believe the level of BS being spun to justify the import dominance.  

The winner of the sprint circuit/track was a STANDARD R34 GTT (not even a GTR)! The time recorded was 47sec, pritty huge margin in my opinion. Only mods done to the car were a cat. back exhaust and 18" rims. Hardly the so claimed $30K+ worth of mods. Second winner was a R33 GTR, but this to was standard and had a slipping clutch to boot. The only really heavily modified skyline was the silver R33 Mines GTR, but due to the mods made the car more laggy and less than ideal for the events. But we all had fun and enjoyed what we had.  

I myself got knocked out by Andrew M. in his AU falcon, (toward the final stages) no excusses he was the better driver on that run. I went a little too hard which caused the arse end to step out and once that happened the race was over. I was driving the Burgundy R33 Gtst Skyline.  

The car that really impressed me was the TE Cortina, the times he was recording were sensational. Maybe a few people from this forum should take a few driving pointers from this guy and find what made this 77/78 model car run circles around the later model fords!  

Bottom line, if you can only make these pittyful excuses for your short comings, take it home, rebuild it and see ya out there on the next event!

Hi All,

It's great to hear that the day was enjoyed by all. I myself think that was the most fun I have ever had in a car and will definately be there next year to defend the crown.

The GTR clutch seems to still be in ok condition, although I imagine there isn't much left on it. Their is certainly an electrical problem with my GTR as the headlights were diming in and out on the drive home. That smell must be airborn battery acid particles. Will have to get it checked out.

Adz,

Let's organise a time to meet up and swap media. Can you get all your stuff into a digital format? If not I have the tools for that also.

Anyone who is interested in getting the final copy of this DVD please PM me and I will arrange to get it to you.

Ta, Chris.