SAU Community

R34 Gtt Modification Advice Needed

BLKYLO

Hey guys,

Just looking for advice on what products/brands to chase in my pursuit of tastefully modifying the skyline. Im particularily chasing DECENTLY priced parts that do the job. ( not budget/ not expensive ).

Im not looking to make it the fastest thing on the planet, just enough to give it a more enjoyable bit of go.

Suggestions/comments please on:

- Turbo

- intercooler

- injectors ( if there is a specific brand to chase )

- intake

- brakes

I was looking to get a fuel management tune at croydon since i currently drive 100 km to and from work using the freeway haha, comments suggestions.

If anyone has a better/decently priced workshop other than croydons in sydney please let me know, i dont really want to get ripped off.

Thanks in advance for all the comments and help i recie e on this, its greatly appreciated as i am just entering this scene again after an international two year break.

Cheers guys !!

Josh.

• 4 weeks later...

Since you live in the Southern Highlands Josh, the nearest to you will be...

* JEM at Ingleburn then...

* Dart Automotive at Punchbowl then...

* Unigroup Eng. at Girraween then...

* DVS_JEZ at West Gosford

I'd talk to all 4

Names are (from the top), Adam, Jim, Yavuz, Jez

Also, it will be mentioned that this topic has been covered many times! It is probably one of the most common questions and all the answers you require can be found here on SAU.

First of all if you are modifying any car (Especially a GTT) take the words budget and cheap and remove them from your vocabulary! lol

The shopping list you have started with shows the major parts but you need to upgrade all the supporting mods around it!

You will need a fuel system (njectors, pump etc), you will need a new clutch (Generally stock wont hold more power), you will need some form of ECU (Nistune will probably do you) and THEN you need to start shopping for all the bolt on bits! I would suggest keeping with direct bolt on parts if you are trying to save on cost, get something like a Hypergear high flow (Stao is a forum trader too) and then work from there...

You need to let us know what sort of budget you are looking at and we can give you an idea of what you can and cant do.

Just because you gain power, doesnt mean you should lose fuel economy! Any good tuner should be able to get you both!

• 1 month later...

I've been down a long and costly tune with my GT-t.

Firstly - decide where you want your car to end up - THIS IS CRITICAL as it will determine not only how much you spend, but more how much you will save by not wasting time with parts that only work for a while...

That said, if anyone asks me the single best mechanical performance mod i did to my GT-t; the oil cooler. First track day i took it to temps were hitting 130 - 140 degrees.
Trust oil cooler in - they never went above double digits again.

Aside from that - don't piss about with rubbish ECU's - just go straight for a G4 Plug in GT-T link. This made a massive difference to the tune, as the previous unit (Power FC) was struggling and surging badly after we threw tomei type b cams into it.
Also to note, the ECU is THE most important part in tuning GT-T's; the factory ECU retards timing and generally misbehaves if it detects excessive air flow - so even fitting a cat back or straight through exhaust, will do more harm than good if it isn't tuned in.

Aside from that - good fuel system (injectors, regulator, pump) aftermarket coils and CORRECTLY GAPPED plugs are all things to consider.

All up, mine made around 290ish kw at the wheels on a dynapack hub dyno...

Can't really grumble:
http://social.nengun.com/member/ares/my-daily-gtt