SAU Community

Hey people

Im new to Australia and looking at doing a few things with the car BUT i hear everything fun is illegal over here!

EG im looking at single top mounting, adjusties now ive been told a engineering cert is needed for these BUT can still get defected if the fuzz want to!!!!??????

Can someone please give me the honest answer to how things work!! car is r32 gtr!

If the highway partrol officer thinks its illegal he will still defect you.....they have no idea what the engineering certificate covers at the time of pulling you over, you may have added more (either to his knowledge or not). Even a blue slip station (pretty sure you still have t go through them to get defects 'lifted') wont give a shit if you have an engineers certificate.

I had to get defected exhaust quietened, when I went to the blue slip guy first thing he asked was if I had a engineers certificate, I said no. He told me they aren't worth the paper they are written on....basically if he ddint like what he saw he wouldn't lift a defect, regardless of having a engineers certificate. He suggested I quiten it first then come back to get it lifted. I put my stock muffler back on and went back and had it lifted. He was happy I was happy.

If you don't drive like a dick on the road you'll have no worries to a certain degree, there are plenty of opportunities to thrash your car at the creek mate, off street drags on wed nights. drifts on Thursday nights, 2 hours out of Sydney is wakefield, and marulan. why you want to stand out even more in an already discriminated crowd is beyond me. just makes it harder for the rest of us.

also, cops deserve respect mate first and foremost. think about it if your at the pub and someone comes up and gives you shit first-mouthing off etc, your going to give them shit back right. if they didn't your mood (as you say) completely changes to be non aggressive back. something to think about ay??

If the highway partrol officer thinks its illegal he will still defect you.....they have no idea what the engineering certificate covers at the time of pulling you over, you may have added more (either to his knowledge or not). Even a blue slip station (pretty sure you still have t go through them to get defects 'lifted') wont give a shit if you have an engineers certificate.

I had to get defected exhaust quietened, when I went to the blue slip guy first thing he asked was if I had a engineers certificate, I said no. He told me they aren't worth the paper they are written on....basically if he ddint like what he saw he wouldn't lift a defect, regardless of having a engineers certificate. He suggested I quiten it first then come back to get it lifted. I put my stock muffler back on and went back and had it lifted. He was happy I was happy.

If you don't drive like a dick on the road you'll have no worries to a certain degree, there are plenty of opportunities to thrash your car at the creek mate, off street drags on wed nights. drifts on Thursday nights, 2 hours out of Sydney is wakefield, and marulan. why you want to stand out even more in an already discriminated crowd is beyond me. just makes it harder for the rest of us.

also, cops deserve respect mate first and foremost. think about it if your at the pub and someone comes up and gives you shit first-mouthing off etc, your going to give them shit back right. if they didn't your mood (as you say) completely changes to be non aggressive back. something to think about ay??

i agree with you as in... if we all drive and behave sensibly, the cops wont make things difficult for you. its common sense and perfectly logical. act like an ass and u get treated in kind...

BUT...

".basically if he ddint like what he saw he wouldn't lift a defect, regardless of having a engineers certificate."

that doesnt give the cops the right to act as god... to abuse their authority. whats the point of decent, law abiding people paying good money and obeying the law to get an engineering cert etc doing everything by the book and yet have that thrown out the window simply cos that particular cop was having a bad day???

i agree with you as in... if we all drive and behave sensibly, the cops wont make things difficult for you. its common sense and perfectly logical. act like an ass and u get treated in kind...

BUT...

".basically if he ddint like what he saw he wouldn't lift a defect, regardless of having a engineers certificate."

that doesnt give the cops the right to act as god... to abuse their authority. whats the point of decent, law abiding people paying good money and obeying the law to get an engineering cert etc doing everything by the book and yet have that thrown out the window simply cos that particular cop was having a bad day???

Yes actually it does, they can do what they like if they deem it a defect or feel its unsafe! We got a defect on a fkn Landcruiser FFS!

Your attitude will certainly help in terms of the punishment but you modify a car against the specific laws and you will end up paying the price eventually!

Your attitude will certainly help in terms of the punishment but you modify a car against the specific laws and you will end up paying the price eventually!

couldn't agree more

you have taken what I said out of context, "basically............eng cert" is what the blue slip station told me. they are not police. they are independent.

look im not trying to piss people off, this is just what I was told by the blue slip station. as for the police they defect you if they think something isn't right with or without a certificate. say you got your eng certificate two years ago, well that gives you two years to make a whole heap of changes.

as they say "the nail that sticks out gets hammered"