SAU Community

2013 Import Monster Sau Nationals - Sau Nsw Style....

34GeeTeeTee

Is ther a convoy of cars travelling from nsw to sa for the sau nats?

How many?

What are peoples thought on a half way overnight stop-over? Where abouts?

Tow car and trailer and 2x34s at this stage... And yep a stop will be needed

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh damn.

but srsly, probably driving it in one hit.

I think towing is going to be slow, plus we have 2 additional hours to travel so stopping will be on the cards...

yeah, can understand why youre doing it.

If the others wanna do the straight through run with you it's no problem... I would say our top speed ain't gunna be flash so it'll be a long haul haha

If the others wanna do the straight through run with you it's no problem... I would say our top speed ain't gunna be flash so it'll be a long haul haha

I'll be doing the drive over 2 days. Don't need to rush it and it will be the longest road trip I've done through parts of the country I haven't seen. Besides, if we follow the landcruiser it can deal with the roos!

have done in one hit before.

I should have a second driver to swap and rest.

will see closer to the date.

Yeah we did Newcastle to Cobden in one hit with just me driving (1330km i think) but its just not worth the hassle, not when towing and limited to speeds etc.... But you guys can head straight through and we can meet you there, its no problem at all.

I'm looking at staying overnight in Mildura.

10 hours first day, easy 4 - 5 hours the next and roll into Fingeryourdadelaide early arvo. Found some accom there, $80 for the night in a cabin.

Thoughts?

I'm looking at staying overnight in Mildura.

10 hours first day, easy 4 - 5 hours the next and roll into Fingeryourdadelaide early arvo. Found some accom there, $80 for the night in a cabin.

Thoughts?

We will need something with safe off street parking etc, that was probably our only concern...

We will need something with safe off street parking etc, that was probably our only concern...

The place I was looking at had on-site parking.

Couple that with parking your tow car infront of cars and whatnot, will be safe as houses.