SAU Community

Windscreen Replacement Sydney

Exodus01

Hi All,

I just wanted to share my experience with Manie's Mobile Windscreens.

I am in Western Sydney and needed my R33 GTST screen replaced and my partners Suzuki Cino cracked filled.

Had a very dull call with o'brien glass repair who was very lacking of customer service over the phone and provided me ridiculous quotes of 500$ for the replacement of the 33 and 200$ for the crack repair on the cino and all of which they wanted to do at their workshop.

Manie quoted a significant amount cheaper and onsite repair for both so i decided to replace the screens on both cars.

He has just finished up and i have to say he was polite, friendly and an all round good attitude to the job and my needs as a customer. The screens look great and didnt take very long to do.

The best part of all the price ended up coming in under what he quoted me for the job which is always good for me as he could of just wrote me up what he had said and i would of paid it.

If anyone is looking for a windscreen replacement i would highly recommend giving him a call. His number is Zero408two555four8

Thanks for the tip.

Did they replace the original genuine Nissan rubber seal (with another GENUINE one), or just reuse the existing?

I have previously found this is why the O'Brien's price was considerably higher than others I have used (eg - Novus Auto Glass).

• 3 years later...

Wondering if anyone has my problem with an R34GTR , there seems to be millions of specks "in the glass" and when the early or late afternoon sun hits the screen it turns white :(

I put a dash cover on and it does help, a little.

I have buffed the screen and looks great in the shade but the low sun hits it when you are driving and it is dangerous.

Will try an Auto glass company, maybe it is a simple fix, but ?

Maybe it is and after market tinting product ?

I believe a new one is around $2000 ish ????

• 1 month later...

After searching around I believe my windscreen has a problem called pitting, zillions of tiny dings on the glass and when the sun hits it at a low angle, mornings and arvos it goes white and the world disappears, scary coming around a bend into the sun.

So getting a new windscreen installed tomorrow  , only $280 , it is not a Nissan original but if I can see through it when the sun hits it, who cares :)

Be interesting to see what one gets for that price