SAU Community

Horrible Shudder Under Acceleration.

D.I.Y. Mik

I just installed a solid gearbox mount, as the old one is starting to peel.

Its horrible and noisy as youd expect, however there is a serious shuddering when i accelerate.

Its almost as bad as if it was misfiring.

I think it was there before but i never felt it. I dont think its normal.

Its an R32 gtst, rb20det, manual box, single piece tailshaft, recent clutch change to exedy heavy duty, flywheel machined etc, gearbox is a bit ratty, diff is bad too.

Also just installed a braided line from clutch master to slave. There was no damper in the old line.

Just ordered the Nismo mount, but if theres a problem it might wreck that mount too. And my new engine mounts. (maybe its why all my old mounts were stuffed)

What is it? Any educated guess is welcome.

My R33 GTR is in the shop right now with shudder problem when accelerating- seems to happen most when feeding too much gas before boost comes on= more torque, then increases with revs so have to back off :(. Guys thought it may be main bearing for rear diff. or engine/gearbox mount (forget which) They put it on the dyno and front left wheel started to shudder, so diagnosis was replace whole front left CV shaft.

Fairly new tailshaft with BIG unis. Solid cradle shim thingys.

Good point Isha, it could be an axle or bearing.

It almost feels like the crankshaft, but i cant tell just by listening.

Would a tiny bit of air in the clutch line do this? it feels ok, but it did get changed just before.