SAU Community

32 Gtr Gauge Issue

wild31

hi,

just finished putting my car back toghether over the w,e i had the 4wd fuse pulled before hand, so once car was running i re installed fuse, but the 4wd light hasnt gone off, nor is the torque gauge working? but its defently back to 4wd, help? lol

also now aswell my temp gauge is fine until i put the clutch in and release handbrake then it goes of the scale, but seems to go up and down with accelerator, and bumps in the road, ive got absoluley no idea whats going on.

any help would be appreciated.

Mate - I've read about 5 posts of yours so far.

Did you even check this GTR out before buying it ?

If you knew it had issues and you don't know what your doing then take it into a trustworthy shop.

or USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION !!

--------------------------------------

1. Make certain all your earthing is good first

2. Grab another cluster and put it in.

3. Did you do any wiring - how does the clutch make the temp gage go off the dial.

--------------------------------------

Edited by Sinista32

• 2 weeks later...

geee cheers, YES i had the god damn car at a trustworthy highly known sydney shop, but i cant justify $150 an hour for labour, and prefer to do things myself if possible.

sorry if my car and posts bother you, but i thought this is a forum? and you ask questions on here. ffs!

There's 2 fuses for 4wd (in cabin and under bonnet).

Leave the car off when checking and re-installing the fuse/s.

Pull the cluster out and make sure the three plugs are well connected when you put it back in.

On the film there is wiring that leads into where the plugs are inserted. Check they are pushed out so that when the plugs go in they make good connection

Underneath your centre console is the G'' sensor. Make sure it is not - red - in the glass area on the side.

Make certain plugs are connected in tightly.

Again make certain all earths are clean and connected.

Temp sensor and clutch does not make sense. Maybe loose wiring when clutch engaged.

After all that if you still have problems look for a 2nd hand cluster

Edited by Sinista32

I'm thinking its a pinched wire in main harness behind engine that maybe contacts metal somewhere depending on movement of engine, if it were me id pull that wire out back to firewall and run new one to temp sensor or at least check it with multi meter or grab wires and wiggle them with ignition on and someone watching gauge should be able to find it pretty easy as clearly the clutch has no real effect on engine temp failing that it must be cluster

like sinista32 said check your G sensor I'd also go to the trouble of cleaning all your electrical connectors check earthing etc. My 32 temp gauge would go up and down over large bumps got it checked over and tested seemed to be ok. Let us know how you go trying to sort it out

• Like 1

well thanks guys for the usefull info it helps, im in the process of going over just about every wire and harness throughout the car.

ive found dodgey connections on the temp sender wires so maybe thats all it its, but me being abit of a perfectionist, im going over everyting, soldiering connections where i can re wrapping wires in heatshrink etc,

yeah i dont understand the whole clutch making the guage move but strange things happen i supoose.

g sensor isnt red which is a positive,

quick question, the 2 wires going to the temp sensor, yellow with a green line, and a black wire, they both have silver dots every 50mm along the wires, do i need to find the same wires to replace the ends? need to cut off damaged bits and join on some new stuff or it will be to short, will any old wire the same colour and size work? just the silver dots are throwing me off abit.

and to make things worse the under dash area and behind centre intrument console, are an absolute birds nest, so many dodgey joins in wires,cut and tucks every where, i found an old nokia box thing with like phone cord plugs plugged in,another alpine box ipod connector adapter with similar plugs, geeeeeesssuuuuuuuss. an auto electrician would loose there mind if they seen the wiring mess i have, ohh well lucky i love my gtr. :yes:

hehehe

Can't help you with the wiring and what to use to replace it :( - but I'm sure someone on here can.

When I had the dash replaced in my GTR the shop removed a good size box of extra wiring and gizmo's ^ no longer in use

Like you have found all sorts of gear had been installed/removed and/or just left laying around back there.

• Like 1