SAU Community

V35 300Gt Key Question

Hey I am new to the skyline world. So I went to mr minit in sydney to get a spare key cut. After scanning for an imobilser chip the guy said I dont need the chipped key. So I got a key cut fot $10. I havent tried it yet. However does this sound right? Will it start?

Thanks in advance

I don't have a 300GT, but I would be surprised if they don't have the same NATS system as other V35s. see if it starts the car. If the engine just cranks, but doesn't start, then you need a chipped key.

My 300GT is a P Collections and it has the factory immobiliser and transponder key. I had Mr Minit cut me a spare and they tried to "detect" the transponder but were unable to offer a replacement. The car won't start with the cut key, just turns over. I presume this is the same NATS security that the 350GT versions have.

My 300GT is a P Collections and it has the factory immobiliser and transponder key. I had Mr Minit cut me a spare and they tried to "detect" the transponder but were unable to offer a replacement. The car won't start with the cut key, just turns over. I presume this is the same NATS security that the 350GT versions have.

I doubt it, probably just a factory upgrade. Nats is built into the ecu/bcm, perhaps it's more the bcm that does it, or just the factory alarm you have.

I haven't heard anyone of this forum discuss their V35 having "factory alarm" without it being a NATS.

I have the usual windows label, the flashing LED labelled "Security" on the steering column, car turns over without starting when using cut key etc.

Chris Rogers wrote in his V35 FAQ on immobilisers, "all of them have a factory one and that it is not compliant with insurance nor OZ stds ADR 82/00. Exception is the M35 Stagea"

Its not a requirement of importers to remove the factory immobiliser in NZ.

there is a factory or dealer 'alarm' option which is in addition to the standard NATS immobiliser. Not sure if it can be fitted to a 300GT if it doesn't already have NATS.