SAU Community

What Do You People Think I Should Do? Thanks

Hello, so I bought my 1993 nissan skyline r33 gts-t from a dealer 2 weeks ago and the man guaranteed the car was in perfect condition and there was no oil leaks bla bla. Got there and there was no oil on the floor on any where that I could see. He says it just had a road worthy, by he's friend. Who had fixed a rocker cover leak that as soon as I got home it started leaking. After driving the car on day 2 the other side started leaking and I got a quote for 380 to degrease the engine and change both gaskets as the previous man had just used silicon sealant. So I ring the dealer and said you need to pay for this and he said ok but he's expecting me to take it back to he's mechanic who I think is dodgey! Apparently he's mechanic can do the job for

100 dollars, how can he fix both leaks and put in two new gaskets for that price? He's obviously just gunna use sealant again isn't he? The car is now leaking oil in 3 different spots around the rocker cover both sides. Also the dealer told me the air con needed re gasing but the mechanic I went to recently said there is nothing left of the air con in the car! What can I do about this? Also the dealer left me with an empty tank when I collected the car wasn't happy lol Thanks for the help.

You got scammed, a simple vehicle check would have let you know any issues with the car before purchase.

If you take it back there, they will probably shaft you worse.

Find a local mechanic and get them to look over it, and change the gaskets.

The dealer is right.

He has first right to fix it I think.

Why don't you give it to him and ask to see receipts of the parts, ie, cam seals, when you collect it.

The warranty he sold you too, isn't really worth much. I hope you read the fine print.

I got text of him apologising for saying the air con is gone and that he will replace all parts but I have to pay for them to be fitted and that he's mechanic previously fixed the leak. I also have a diagnostic letter from another mechanic saying both gaskets need to be replaced. He also said he's machanic said there was no oil leaks and the engine bay was clean. If you read the add it dosent say about any problems. http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mooloolaba/cars-vans-utes/1993-nissan-skyline-r33-gt-t-coupe-coilovers-bodykit-racewheels/1031838290

I would stay away from the dealer and "he's" mechanic, if at anytime you are unsure (or dont know anything about skylines)of a cars condition then get it checked BEFORE you buy, a bit late now for you tho

contact consumer affairs and discuss it with them, see what they recommend.

the dealer has first option to fix the issue, if you are polite with them they might fix it properly.

buying a skyline will always cost you money, so if you wanted something that will not be a constant expense you bought the wrong car. For that matter any 20 year old car will be the same.....

unfortunately I think you will be in for a long painful process with this dealer, so might be better to try get a refund on the warranty and go it yourself.

any car of this variety should be thoroughly checked out before purchase, even if from a dealer as they really don't know anything about it and only do a quick once over and tidy up so they can flog it off..

Mate, who puts all of the cars problems in an advert...?

Anyway, who your looking for is the Consumer affairs.. Go call them and see if they can point you in the right direction. Then maybe ACA after that, ask for Tracy.

Btw, the ad says it has Air Con, therefore you would be within your rights to ask for it. I wouldn't pay for it to be put back on...

The machanic I went to recently also said the rear main seal may be leaking aswell I really need the dealer to pay as I can't afford it, that's why I'm hoping Someone knows a way I can get them to pay for it but so I can get it fixed properly locally not by him. Obviously no one knows what I'm hoping to achieve. Thanks for the help tho