SAU Community

1989 R31 Figures

Fro-Daddy

It varies by the model of course

A GTS1 does 0-100 in about 9.2 seconds, and a GTS2 does it in 8.8 seconds, though I reckon both have to be quicker than that, because a run of the mill manual sedan can pull about 9.4 or 9.5 seconds

For power, australian R31 RB30E engine makes 114kw, GTS1 makes 130kw, GTS2 makes 140kw.

Imports have a couple of different engines, RB20 and RB30

RB20s come in single cam and twin cam, non turbo and turbo, and different variants of each.

Power ranges from around 100kw to around 150kw depending on the model & spec

Welcome to this week's issue of "The Line"

It's been a busy couple of weeks for many of our members with the 2004 Dutton Rally being held in Goulburn and Sydney. Kelly Handley, Pete Carruthers, Dan Mackie, Matt Chaplin and myself all competed and had another great year out :cheers: Apart from the club members who took part, one of our forum members "Simmo" took out the weekend in an EVO 8, and we got to see a range of skylines taking part, including an R31 GTS-X, R32 GTST-t, R33 GTR (from QLD!) and an R34 GTR.

Highlights of a *very* social weekend included Dan taking 4th from 80 entrants in the Wet figure 8 course, and Pete's sideways attack on the motorkhana at the Police Centre in Goulburn.

Our pictures from the weekend are at: http://www.hgeconsulting.com.au/Dutton2004.../Dutton2004.htm

Thanks to all those that came along from the club to support us, particularly those who came to freeze down at Goulburn! Hope you all had a great time, and with any luck there will be even more club members giving it a go next year.

Membership Referral System

Want free membership next year! Its easy with our new club member referral system! All you need to do is convince 5 friends to join the club in one year and you get your next membership for free. This is your chance to help the club grow and save yourself some money at the same time!

More details in this thread http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=43495

Club Championships

To try and encourage more of you to get along to our events, Tosh is currently finalising details of the club championship which will reward you for taking part in events! More details to follow in the next few weeks.

Events

There's a heap of great events coming up in the next few weeks, hopefully you'll all find something of interest!

Putty Road Cruise! Sunday 4th July

Its on again, the year's biggest Cruise! Leaving Windsor McDonalds at 10am we have a leisurely trip up the Putty Rd to Singleton where we stop for a BBQ lunch, before heading back to Sydney via the wineries and the freeway. Its a great day out and always enjoyed by all. Full details in this thread: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=38710

Motoconcepts Eastern Creek Day - Thursday 16th June (yep tomorrow!)

The next Eastern Creek trackday is on tomorrow, more details in this thread: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=42553

Monthly Social Dinner - Thursday 24th June

Our next social dinner is your chance to catch your food on the way past at Teppanyaki, the creative way to eat Japanese! We are heading to Kyoto Teppanyaki in Carlingford, full details here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=42294

Unique Autosports Stock take Sale - Sat 26 June

Unique Autosports will again be holding a stock take sale for the end of the financial year. Last year was a fantastic success with many great parts on offer for very good prices and a great BBQ put on by the team at UAS. There will be 10 ~ 50% off all items in stock and big discounts for orders placed for and paid for on the day. The day will include a sausage sizzle and displays from several prominent performance parts suppliers. Last years sale featured displays from the likes of GCG Turbochargers, Micks Metalcraft, Castle Hill Toyota & much more. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=42300

I'm assuming we're talking Aus spec 31's here.

You can get a decent amount of power out of an NA RB30, if the car is as stock as a rock, then you should get minimum 92(ish)rwkw (if its any less, theres something wrong with it)

Its not hard to get around 105rwkw with minimal mods, extractors, exhaust, pod filter, cam, ecu chip..... depends what your ultimate goals are.

If you don't want to play around trying to squeeze power out of an NA, then it's not too much trouble to turbocharge the motor using bolt ons from the VL., with an expected power output of around 140-150 rwkw. You can improve on that figure depending on how much money you have to spend on a bigger turbo, aftermarket ecu, etc.

As far as 1/4 mile times go, completely stock the car should do high 16's low 17's

NA mods low 16's

Turbo (standard RB30ET setup) you're into the 14's

The sky is the limit providing you have the money. :D

Expect to see one of the R31 Skyline Club cars getting times in the 11 second bracket in full street trim in the next few weeks icon10.gif

well i posted it here coz its old...15 years old, thats able to come in through import laws!! :)

my mate has an auto, would that affect times greatly?

also, his diff is slowly going, anyone got one or know where could i get one? how much is the turbo conversion roughly? he has been thinkin bout it...

his is the aus r31 rb30...hes got extracotrs and 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" zaust...

No.

The fastest cars are all autos

also, his diff is slowly going, anyone got one or know where could i get one? how much is the turbo conversion roughly? he has been thinkin bout it...

his is the aus r31 rb30...hes got extractors and 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" zaust...

Tell him to get some quotes on getting his existing diff rebuilt.

If he wants to turbo the car, he will need to either do a manual conversion, or spend a heap of money getting the gearbox strengthened.... the auto won't live long once the car has been turbo'd.

For more info on turbocharging, see

here

He'll be looking at around $2000

(That's not including brake upgrade, intercooler, exhaust or strengthening the auto)

$2000 is a fairly standard price for all the parts that are involved.

He'll probably also need a new set of bolts for the manifold.... it's pretty common for them to snap when you try to undo them.

well i posted it here coz its old...15 years old, thats able to come in through import laws!! :D

his is the aus r31 rb30...hes got extracotrs and 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" zaust...

just replaced my diff, went with a second hand one $200 and $100 to get it installed, my machanic has just swapped my old mr30 hatch for a LSD diff for the r31, that'll be some fun...the one he put in to start with is fine, not even a hint of the r31 diff wingh...

• 3 weeks later...
No.

The fastest cars are all autos

Depends what power it's putting out, the really high power cars are better with an auto, but stock to light/med mods manual is faster. An R31 I know of went from 16.2 to 15.8 after a manual conversion.

Plus a manual is more fun tt drive :(