SAU Community

Rb30Det With Oem Exhaust Manifold With Gt3540 Turbo

Hi guys,

finally got my motor from the engine rebuilders yesterday. So happy with all the work done and a way too long list of works done in the internals, keep it short it has a 25de head with 30e bottom with the normal internal works. Now the motor is going into a R32 GTST, has anyone tried fitting a GT3540 ball bearing(copy) turbo on the stock oem exhaust mainfold?, my worry is if it's going to fit in the engine bay when i drop it in . The turbo fits snug on the on the stock exh mani without clearance issues touching the head/rocker covers. I'm not upgrading to a topmount stainless steel manifold unless it's quality stuff( SINCO/RIPS) one's approximately $1700 and a good quality Holset turbo hence why im sticking with stock mani and nothing in between, btw i bought the turbo for $300 which suits me for the run in period. This was all due to the $4600 spent on the 30det motor build.

Any suggestions and help will be much appreciated. BTW Merry Xmas ya'll.

Should fit fine with a 20mm spacer. There will be plenty of fabrication work to do though. Is it internal gate?

A $300 Chinese knock off doesn't sound like a good idea if you have just built a 25/30, and the turbo cost is nothing compared to the work to fit it. Hence why people recommend the Hypergear highflows.

Im gonna put my hand up and say it wont fit on the stock manifold. I always though a GT30 didnt fit. Its pretty tight in a 33 with a 10mm spacer.

I could be completely wrong though.

Only way to know is to try!