SAU Community

Rb25Det Swap

I'm not here to bash so ease up.

I've done the RB25 swap thing, it's a headache but thankfully I have a friend who's an electrician and he gave me a lot of help along the way.

The physical engine swap is easy, there's a tonne of info online but I'll agree the wiring is difficult.

If you're not confident with the wiring why not just contact a shop who specializes in this kind of stuff? Just save up some money and get the job done once and get it done right. There's no shame in that and then you know the job's done.

I'm not sure where you're located, but if you're in NSW JEZ (the pretty well known tuner) can apparently modify the RB20 loom to run a 25 and I assume will use a nistune to run the VCT gear which would make this headache a non-issue for you.

Seriously though, this is an old thread/post and passive aggressively demanding answers isn't the way to get help. Start a new thread, show us what you've tried and what's not working with detailed information and the collective brains here will do their best to help. Revise your approach and you'll find what you're after.

It's a shame you've called the most active/informed users here out on this thread because I doubt they will want to help you going forward, but who knows.

Best of luck to you

• Like 1

On 3/24/2018 at 5:54 AM, Jordy32 said:

I'm not here to bash so ease up.

I've done the RB25 swap thing, it's a headache but thankfully I have a friend who's an electrician and he gave me a lot of help along the way.

The physical engine swap is easy, there's a tonne of info online but I'll agree the wiring is difficult.

If you're not confident with the wiring why not just contact a shop who specializes in this kind of stuff? Just save up some money and get the job done once and get it done right. There's no shame in that and then you know the job's done.

I'm not sure where you're located, but if you're in NSW JEZ (the pretty well known tuner) can apparently modify the RB20 loom to run a 25 and I assume will use a nistune to run the VCT gear which would make this headache a non-issue for you.

Seriously though, this is an old thread/post and passive aggressively demanding answers isn't the way to get help. Start a new thread, show us what you've tried and what's not working with detailed information and the collective brains here will do their best to help. Revise your approach and you'll find what you're after.

It's a shame you've called the most active/informed users here out on this thread because I doubt they will want to help you going forward, but who knows.

Best of luck to you

Located in New York, there's no shops within a 150 miles radius of where I live that will touch the car since it's nothing they've ever seen. Unfortunately when there's no one willing to touch it, you're stuck on your own. To add insult, I don't have any friends who are gear heads so that doesn't help.

Yeah the physical swap isn't bad, I've got a cherry picker ready to go but yeah the wiring aspect is the hardest since there's really very little information out there on how to do it. A lot of the threads posted have pictures that aren't functional (no longer hosted) so the descriptions aren't very helpful. 

Given that I'm doing a NEO swap with full chassis harness it should be plug and play, but even now, the harness I got out of a Stagea NEO doesn't work on the R34 GTT engine I pulled. No idea why, but the plugs are different which means i just wasted money. 

Either way, not having access to resources in the states makes this job a lot harder and not having straight answers where to find diagrams of what I need doesn't make it any easier.

• 1 month later...

Update: the physical swap is done. There's still a lot of headache now with deciphering what plugs go where since I took it a step further and swapped the R34 chassis harness into place as well.