SAU Community

100,000Km service?

r0ma

Hey guys, my R33 GTS-T has just come to 100,000km's, i want to get it serviced.

question is,

where should i take it (im in Sydney (west)) i dont mind traveling a bit.

and what price am i looking at?

i was quoted from $350-$550 by one work shop. is this right?

thanks.

I would look to pay a bit more than that for a decent 100,000km service. I'm not saying you have to take it to one of those places that change $1k for the service but you want it done properly.

Can be close to $1000 if you get the idler bearings replaced ($300 part).. can all add up..

Mine is currently at around $1300 .. and i took it in "just" for timing belt replace and waterpump replace.. but there were other things that needed doing that would be pointless to leave if everything was apart.

I'm sure it has been mentioned before in another thread but is their a list of parts replaced or work performed @ a 100,000km service?

My car is about to hit 93,000km and it's still driving as smoothly and beautifully as the day I picked it up (~55,000km) so im abit reluctant to go and spend $1,000 on labour/parts when it is quite possible that the speedo was "altered" before it even came to Australia (~3yrs ago) meaning my engine more than likely has already passed 100,000km (timing belt was changed at about 50,000km).

Normally with computers "If it aint broke, don't fix" however my R33 is hardling a $1,000 PC.

• 3 weeks later...