SAU Community

Factory Specification Sheets. For Queensland

66yostagea

My son who has an exemption to drive a "High Powered Vehicle" an RS4, needs to get a separate exemption to drive a "Moderately Powered Vehicle", an R32GTST. The mind boggles! I guess it is one way to get an extra $36.15 in the Govt coffers.

DOT will now only accept Factory Manual information. The usual sites on the net, including car forum notes are no longer be accepted. Only info from Nissan.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction to get these specs?

I suspect it's not that easy....in Oz Govt eyes the manufacturer is the RAWS that complied it, not Nissan.

In any case, I am not aware of an English workshop manual for R32 GTST.

He can't be the first person in the state that has requested a 32 GTST exemption, is re-using existing information out of the question?

DOT specifically said info from Redbook is not accepted.

The thing that pings me is that some elderly gent on a brand new Harley ran into the back of the 32 while it was stationary behind two other cars that had stopped to let someone reverse out of a driveway. The rider had not been on a bike for 20 years, yes 20 years. He just ran into the back of the 32.

The bike was stuffed, the rider really stuffed, the 32 suffered no damage, the bike hit the tow hook. The law went balistic and want to charge my youngun

with driving a "Moderately Powered Vehicle" with`out an exemption. Fark, he can legally drive a Stagea with a bunch of goodies, but can't ride a push bike.

I guess I must get onto Nissan Japan, but from what I have read here I think I am farked.

HELP