SAU Community

M35 Ballast Replacement Options / Parker Bulb Model Number?

jackbh241

Hi Guys,

A few questions here regarding the headlights on the M35.

1. For a while now I've had problems with the headlights cutting out (many times every time I drive it). It used to be only the passenger side lamp and figured I could swap the ballasts over to see if that's the problem however now it's both so I guess that isn't an option any more. I am assuming it's the ballast anyway but any thoughts as to how I would tell given that both cut out (at separate intervals - not at the same time).

2. Any one know what ballasts we can use? Preferably cheap ones? Or official model numbers?

3. I personal find the lamps pretty dull (doesn't help that you can't adjust them any higher than about 2ft in front of the car), any suggestions for a brighter bulb?

4. My passenger side parker lamp is also out, does anyone know the model number or aftermarket options?

Sorry about all the questions but any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks all,

My headlights are perfect, with oem burners. Are you sure you have HID's? They are supposed to be converted to halogen for compliance, and that would definitely make them dull, and the spread would be shitefull.

I have a spare set of headlamps here if you need them, but if both are switching off at the same time, you might want to change the relay box first.

My headlights are perfect, with oem burners. Are you sure you have HID's? They are supposed to be converted to halogen for compliance, and that would definitely make them dull, and the spread would be shitefull.

I have a spare set of headlamps here if you need them, but if both are switching off at the same time, you might want to change the relay box first.

Nah they are definitely HIDs. Thanks heaps for the offer, I ordered some globes so I'm gonna see if that's the problem and it's just coincidental that they are both going so I guess we'll see. But one definitely started doing this before the other and they are progressively getting worse so maybe it is just the burners *fingers crossed*

Thanks!