SAU Community

White R33 Stolen From Altona

Bond

^ A stat dec is a doc that is bound by law to say that what you are claiming is not full of shit. Whatever you write on it is punishable by law if you are found to be making a false statement, so an insurance company has to take it as truth.

http://www.justice.vic.gov.au/home/justice+system/legal+assistance/statutory+declarations/

"Statutory declarations are used for many purposes, including:

• to verify insurance claims"
Edited by dan.1337
  • Like 1

Ok it's been 2 weeks and rang up insurance to get the ball rolling. They asked all the same questions again, asked for the police file number, pictures and how many km it had. This is going to hurt me big time! I have owned the car for 7 years and bought it with 114,000km, last time i looked it had either 124k, 126k or 128k. It has never been serviced by anyone besides myself. In 7 years it hasn't needed any mechanical work so never seen a shop. How do i prove the low km?? I have no pictures of the dash.

The cars was only swapped to RACV in 2012 (along with everything else) and I asked if they had the details from then. Apparently they don't care how many km are on a car when it gets insured.

An ideas? Willing to do a stat dec (the copper in charge said to do this) but RACV say that isn't good enough.

Sounds like a pain

Mine was a 5 mins phone call with just cars and got paid out asap no questions

Just as a side note here.... What is Altona like in general for car theft etc??

I'm asking because I am thinking of moving out that way from Elwood. Compared the cost on an online insurance quote and for my cheap fire and theft insurance was only like $50 per year more.....