SAU Community

Genuine Rays Engineering Nismo Lmgt4's 18 X 9.5 +12 Offset

Risk buying coated wheels, who knows what's underneath, if they were original and in perfect order you'd get your ask and possibly more

Better watch out buying painted or anodised wheels too..who knows what's underneath right.

Actually they must be forged from dog shit and then coated to hide the fact they were made from Labrador shit..

I was also about to raise the powder coating issue as well... If they weren't refurbished, then you'd get the premium price for them no worries. People are always worried when buying refurbished items at premium.

I've experience this first hand mate. I recently sold a pair of discontinued sized TE37's that were refurbished by a pro shop (Wheel Solutions), not powder coated but painted. I even documented this and gave a link with all the information and pictures of the wheels, prior to refurb and after. You haven't mentioned anything about why yours were refurbished?

Yet, I still had trouble selling the wheels. Could have also been other factors why they didn't sell quick, but I personally rule it down to them being refurbished.

I priced them up at the price I paid for them prior to spending extra on refurb, and still no hits. I advertised it for a year at this price as I wasn't in a rush to sell or willing to lose anymore on them. But I recent took delivery of another pair of rims and no longer need the old ones, so I took it on the chin and sold them off for much lower than I would have liked.

It's either you wait it out like some have suggested, or you take a hit on the price. I noticed in one of your posts you said it's your final price drop and you'll keep them, but yet your next post has another price drop?

Apologies about story time, but moral of the story is don't get wet sand in your vag when people are giving your possible answers and scenerios as to the question you asked, why haven't these sold yet?

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by AnDyStYLe
  • Like 2

I honestly don't know why people say stuff like 'Better watch out buying painted or anodised wheels too..who knows what's underneath right.'

If you don't trust the buyer then don't buy the wheels simple. when you buy anything second hand your never going to get the full story.

As for questions such as why haven't you sold these wheels yet? Maybe because he hasn't got what he's asking for yet? lol

Anyway GLWS the right buyer to come.

I was also about to raise the powder coating issue as well... If they weren't refurbished, then you'd get the premium price for them no worries. People are always worried when buying refurbished items at premium.

I've experience this first hand mate. I recently sold a pair of discontinued sized TE37's that were refurbished by a pro shop (Wheel Solutions), not powder coated but painted. I even documented this and gave a link with all the information and pictures of the wheels, prior to refurb and after. You haven't mentioned anything about why yours were refurbished?

Yet, I still had trouble selling the wheels. Could have also been other factors why they didn't sell quick, but I personally rule it down to them being refurbished.

I priced them up at the price I paid for them prior to spending extra on refurb, and still no hits. I advertised it for a year at this price as I wasn't in a rush to sell or willing to lose anymore on them. But I recent took delivery of another pair of rims and no longer need the old ones, so I took it on the chin and sold them off for much lower than I would have liked.

It's either you wait it out like some have suggested, or you take a hit on the price. I noticed in one of your posts you said it's your final price drop and you'll keep them, but yet your next post has another price drop?

Apologies about story time, but moral of the story is don't get wet sand in your vag when people are giving your possible answers and scenerios as to the question you asked, why haven't these sold yet?

Cheers,

Andy

Maybe it is the fact they have been 'refurbished' Andy..

All i can say is i bought these from another forum member livicuru for $3500 when they were anodised bronze & in very good condition..then i spent another $500 with Chris at Craved Coatings.

So anyone can contact either of them and ask them of the condition of them when i bought them.

The only reason these were coated was because i was after a set of satin black LMGT4's after seeing JAGR33's awesome set..& i prefer satin black with gun metal grey over the bronze.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/325906-nismo-lmgt4-gt500-limited-edition-matt-black-nismo-circuit-link-set-suit-bcnr33/?hl=tangomatt

I don't buy shit , & i don't put shit on my car either.

So in any case these owe me $4000 , so I'm taking quite a hit on them already despite them never having been used on my car since its off the road for a big rebuild.

I have always loved work meisters as well and have a set on their way now, hence why these are up for sale ..no other reason.

But I'm not dropping the price another cent & the reference you made earlier about not dropping the price further but then lowering the price was just the difference of selling the wheels with rubber for $3200 or $3000 without.

I couldn't really give a f**k if they don't sell , they won't be given away to tyre kickers who want to assume there is something wrong with them or some other stupid reason why i put them up for sale.

I will probably just keep them & have two sets of awesome wheels..im over the knobs who think they can get brand new LMGT4's for less .

I have several things to say about Chris of Craved Coatings
1) If he identifies an aberration with a rim, he will contact the owner to get it rectified before sanding and coating
2) Chris has identified the colour code "Nismo Black" that he uses on LMGT4s
3) He inserts a resin into the powdercoat to make it more 'slippery' and for less adherence of brake dust

4) Chris guarantees his work

Yeah if you're willing to hold onto them and in no rush to sell, you will get the amount you're looking for eventually. Fact is, that they are discontinued, so is rare and sought after. Just need to be patient.

I was in a similar situation as you, with regard to the colour. I wanted matte black TE's but I could only get my hands on bronze in 2nd hand as they were discontinued sizes. So needed to refurbish (respray) them to the colour of my liking. Nothing wrong with them at all, was just a colour preference.

I ended up getting bigger sized TE's in matte black from Rays (still in production) so that's why I sold mine for cheap. In your case, LMGT4's are discontinued so people will have no choice but to go 2nd hand, so you'll probably have better luck then me. Again, you just need to be patient.

In the meantime, we'll just keep bumping your thread with discussion of them lol...

I'm sure with more info that you've now provided, more people will be confident in buying these.

GLWS!

Cheers,

Andy

Edited by AnDyStYLe
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...