SAU Community

R34 Gt-R Gbox On R32 Gt-R With Rb26/30

R-PWR

Hi Guys,

Was just wondering I have been told that it's very easy to get a R34 GT-R 6spd Box to fit in a R32 GT-R with a RB26, and I was wondering if this is the case with an RB26/30 or if it requires a fair bit of mucking around.

Any information you guys could give me would be most appreciated, also would you say that the R34 GT-R box would be good for 450-500awkw or that would be a stretch?

Cheers

Nope wont hold the power reliably.

Was shown a gearset from the same 6 speed box the Supras use, gearset was about 50% wider than in the 34 box as used in the supras.

I was told there is somebody out there that can convert some of the wider gearsets from the supras into the R34 boxes but never asked further about it by the workshop.

Nope wont hold the power reliably.

Was shown a gearset from the same 6 speed box the Supras use, gearset was about 50% wider than in the 34 box as used in the supras.

I was told there is somebody out there that can convert some of the wider gearsets from the supras into the R34 boxes but never asked further about it by the workshop.

That's really interesting. I've never heard that about the wider gears in the supra boxes. Good to know!

Saw it at Edge motorworks, Barry pulled out a Supra gearset and handed me a R34 one and the difrences were staggering.

One of the guys that work there mentioned they heard someone out there was manging to slip some of the Supra gearsets into 34 boxes, dont know which ones or who they were, i might ask next time im in there.

One of the guys that work there mentioned they heard someone out there was manging to slip some of the Supra gearsets into 34 boxes, dont know which ones or who they were, i might ask next time im in there.

Please do, will be keen for the result

have lined up a 34 GTR box to go in my 32, would have been fine at the initial power levels. but now we are shooting for 700whp so i may encounter some issues

Thanks guys I think may just put the money toward a gearset would be wiser.

You would want to make sure it's at least a PPG gear set then ..there has been too many broken OS gear sets .

Does OS do a gearset for the getrag ?

I've looked at the PPG gearset for my getrag, $9,990 plus fitting and you have to have or get a getrag to fit it to, when for $16,000 you can get OS88, so by the time you buy a getrag and the gearset and have it fitted you would be better for paying the bit extra and get the OS88, or if you have one sell it

If you use the original Nissan 5sp, (FS5R30A) and get a ppg gear set, it will take a bit of abuse!

They're about $3200 for a gear set plus install and bearings etc. Lookup the ppg site, they have heaps of info on the stuff they sell.

If you use the original Nissan 5sp, (FS5R30A) and get a ppg gear set, it will take a bit of abuse!

They're about $3200 for a gear set plus install and bearings etc. Lookup the ppg site, they have heaps of info on the stuff they sell.

No they are not $3200 for a ppg gear set..if they were everyone would have them.

A PPG gearbox will owe the the best part of 8-10k depending on what ratio's/billet mainshaft/forks etc you choose.

Edited by ezy_09s

No they are not $3200 for a ppg gear set..if they were everyone would have them.

A PPG gearbox will owe the the best part of 8-10k depending on what ratio's/billet mainshaft/forks etc you choose.

Wow have they gone up in price! That's what we paid for a set in our r33 drift car, and about $1100 on top for bearings and some bits from Nissan.

but this was about 2 years back.