SAU Community

Recruit a FANBOY

Roy

So who Melb is running a Power FC on their R33 GTST. I would if possible like to borrow one for 5 minutes to compare the plugs, and if the plugs are the same, borrow it for 30 minutes to plug it into my R32 GTST (RB20DET)...and see if she cranks over.

Ill post here for all to see, that if ANY damage is sustained by the Power FC i will replace in full with a NEW Apexi Power Fc.

Anyone willing to help a lowly RB20 owner trying to sus out some hillbilly R&D and get ahead in the world. :D

oi ash, don't order a power fc in the next month. Apexi have stopped making them till the end of June/Mid July and then they're gonna release a newer version with the handcontroller bundled at a CHEAPER price than it sells for now.

Yeh in Melbourne these days.... living in Brunswick East, if you need a Vic HQ Silver then drop me a PM if your in town... goes for any other NSW track/SAU guys i know.

Ive been talked into trying to get a Pro for my Rb20DET, which means the AP engineering one wont do.... so i have to try and make my own.... on paper the only difference between the ECUs is the variable valce timing etc, and the ECU shouldnt have a problem running open circuit .... so the main drama will be the plug itself (may need to make a fly wire) and the outputs from a few sensors (but std is 4-20mA) and 0-5V so shoudlnt be a problem, worst case scenario a few resistors or a bit more tuning to get the base maps to work.

Funkeymonkey or anyone else that can help.... that would be great

Sweet! Have you caught onto the track scene down there yet? I'd like to take the car for a fang around one of the tracks down there.
:werd:

road trip :)

SBS is alive and well down here :D

Yeh there is plenty of Sprint days with certain car clubs, and Winton & Calder have open days during the week (Winton on Fridays, Calder on Wednesdays)

There are a few likely lads from SAU-Vic that like to bash their cars around circuits, but at the minute dont have the numbers that NSW have. Still there seems plenty of opportunity, just not as a group with other Skyliners :Oops:

See below for my first foray onto Vic circuits, there seems to be abot 4 or 5 of us going. Winton is about 550-600km drive from Sydney, about 400-450kms past Wakefield :Oops: ...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/sh...ead.php?t=42906

I feel it's time for Team Trackday to invade VIC. :)

I been to Winton and saw a few cars and bikes doing the circuit. How about Phillip island? Any clubs have regular outings there?

PIARC have regular days there, so do member clubs of Marque Sports Car Association (MSCA)

I went to Phillip Island the other week, its about a 2 hr drive from Melbourne, so would have to make it a weekend, but like i said, free accom at my place if you want to play up in the city while your down here. :alcoholic & :whip:

Whereas somewhere like Winton you can set up HQ in Benalla (?spelling?) or Albury, and saves about 4-5 hrs driving each way

I don't know how you can cope with the cold being from Sydney.

Ahhh, dont forget i lived at Richmond, so used to zero degree mornings, though its the wind that im having trouble with :)