SAU Community

Calder Park Friday Nights

LTHLRB

Nah just the $65 to enter but that fee also used to cover one passenger for "pit crew". Not any more though. Now they have to pay their own entry on top.

Oh I see. Small price to pay anyway. Im used to throwing away nearly a k for a drift event. I'll even have cash left over for after calder kebabs!

• Like 1

Calder is still the same old... Lucky if you get 3 runs on a Friday night etc.

If I were all of you, I'd be finding out if you can attend the below event... WRX Club have a drag night on the 8th, Sat night:

http://www.wrx.com.au/Default.aspx?pageId=1540753&eventId=853226&EventViewMode=EventDetails

They have hired the circuit for the Sat Day time so likely have just rented out the place for the evening also.

You'll likely get closer to double the amount of runs, if not more, given Calder pack as many cars as they can into a Fri night to pocket as much cash as possible. Probably less track time loss as well with shitboxes etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

heya mate should have come and said hello! was yours the white gtt?

best et i got was 12.4 and mph was 120. Had no traction off the line unfortunately.. Time to buy stock rear suspension and et streets

yeh mate :). I had the same problem.. running stock rims on the rear with shit 225 tyres, no traction :/ could only manage a 14.1.. packed it in after 5 runs. need to invest in some radials. 275rwkw for a 14.1 was embarrassing lol

60' was 2.5s

14.1 @ 110mph

yeh mate :). I had the same problem.. running stock rims on the rear with shit 225 tyres, no traction :/ could only manage a 14.1.. packed it in after 5 runs. need to invest in some radials. 275rwkw for a 14.1 was embarrassing lol

60' was 2.5s

14.1 @ 110mph

Did you lift off before the end?

110mph is about 220rwkw, not 280, fairly big gap there!

Did you lift off before the end?

110mph is about 220rwkw, not 280, fairly big gap there!

Didn't lift off just found it hard to find traction.. first time running the car thought stock rims with new tyres would suffice but soon found out wheel spin everywhere, didn't get one decent launch and was only launching at 3-4k rpm.. Best run was no launch at all. Stock rims are too narrow and even though the tyres are new they are some shit Chinese tyres