SAU Community

Chepest Place To Get Fuel Injector Seals?

sonicz

I'm going to be swapping out my RB25DET injectors and I need new seals that relate to it.

I found this for 15 pounds in the UK, but they are just O rings, and no "insulators" Do I need the insulators?

419jfaLMqRL._SX450_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/INJECTOR-SKYLINE-RB25DET-VG30DETT-CYLINDER/dp/B00ATHG5GC

OR do I need the fat rubbers called "insulators" that come with the genuine kit?

Genuine-Nissan-Fuel-Injector-Seal-Kit-K-

http://www.kudosmotorsports.com/catalog/nissan-fuel-injector-seal-kit-single-injector-genuine-nissan-200sx-s14-s15-skyline-r33-sr20-rb25-p-1181.html

It will cost about $80 just for the seals which seems excessive?

Looking to do it this weekend so time is running out to get them.

Edited by sonicz

The insulators are more like buffers, and act like a cushion between the injector and rail.

Normally the o-rings and filter would be replaced, and the buffers if money allows.

You can match them up with universal ones from places like Repco/Peps etc aslong as they fit and are approx the same dimensions.

Unfortunately I have no reference to go on as the Injector swap will be done on the same day. All i have is the second pair of naked injectors that will be going in. Even the pintle caps are missing from them, but I will be leaving them out.

So you are saying I just walk into repco and see what fits by hand? Does anyone know the dimensions and thickness etc? Its of a R33 RB25DET, standard side fed injectors, 370cc I think.

The buffers should probably be replaced too while I'm in there IMO, but are u saying maybe I can re use the ones in there already?

Edited by sonicz

Trying to remember when i pulled my ex gf's apart cause it was leaking (to change the o-rings on 1x injector).

Looking at how the side feed works, as long as the two o-rings are replaced, I doubt you would have any dramas. I cant see where the buffer would sit?

As suggested, pm Scotty :)

Thx. Pm'ed scotty we'll see what happens but I really am hoping to get the car running again by this weekend. The car has had a fresh fuel smell in thee engine bay sometimes since I got it so hopefully replacing everything will fix that problem too.

Edited by sonicz