SAU Community

Identify This Gtr Lsd Centre

Sorry cant help, but is that definently a GTR diff? I didnt think any of the GTR Diffs had the 6x1 half shaft pattern, i thought they were all 3x2

No. That is definitely GTR. They ARE 6x1. The 3x2 are the crappy S chassis ones.

The diff in question doesn't look like any aftermarket centre I am used to looking at. It's not a Nissan one, but most of the aftermarket ones are fully machined on the outside of the centre, not left partially rough cast like that one.

One thing you should do (OP) is take another photo looking into one of the holes where the cams and ramps are so we can see if it is a 2-way or not.

Strange, I always thought they were a thicker 3x2 shaft on the GTR, but looking now it seems one of the front shafts is like that but the rears are 6x1.

There you go lol

The diff in question doesn't look like any aftermarket centre I am used to looking at. It's not a Nissan one, but most of the aftermarket ones are fully machined on the outside of the centre, not left partially rough cast like that one.

I quote myself to correct myself. After a little look around, I suspect that that centre is the OEM diff. The casing looks like other photos of known OEM GTR diffs.

The ramps in the second set of photos show that it is definitely 2-way.

This pic explains the cam shape and how it moves under acceleration / deceleration to force the housing open and engage the clutches.

A one way has a flat bottom, so it provides no sideways force under deceleration.

A 1.5 has a low angle bottom, so some force is applied to the clutches.

A 2 way has an equally shaped cam top and bottom (diamond) to apply force in both directions.

Thanks for the input in this thread.

post-42073-13959908358389_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

(rather then starting a new thread)

Time to intrude; I recently purchased a new diff and am unsure if it is a Nismo or not. It will be at least 4 years old if that makes a difference.

Diff2_zpsafa5b595.jpg

NewDiff_zpsc12d385d.jpg

Post a new thread buddy.

Back on track... My mechanical LSD is for sale here. Need it sold as I'm moving house.

(rather then starting a new thread)

Time to intrude; I recently purchased a new diff and am unsure if it is a Nismo or not. It will be at least 4 years old if that makes a difference.