SAU Community

Squeaky Front End! Any Ideas To Fix?

00XAV

Recently got my car lowered by option 1 in Brisbane, I got BC coilovers and had camber arms put in the front, due to the height of the car they removed the ugly as shit front body kit and replaced it with a standard s2 front bar.

Shortly after this was done my car started squeaking when I'd hit bumps or even just joins in the road. It's gotten progressively worse over the last 2 weeks.

I've traced it to the front end of the car after visiting mechanics from ballina to brisbane during my travels.

It's a metal on metal sound and it even happens when I shut the front doors of the car.

Does anyone know what this could be and any potential fixes? I've guessed at the new front bar possibly being loose or scraping against the intercooler piping? Help me please! It's driving me insane and I'm ready to drive the car off a cliff... Thanks in advance!

post-102412-0-64016200-1395815409_thumb.jpg

It's really hard to diagnose noises over the internet. But I would suggest looking at the coilover and camber arms. Check the lower mount on the coilover has been installed right. I'm not sure on the Stagea's but on my 33 there is a larger spacing on one side of the mount then the other so it can only go on one way or the coilover may rub.

What sort of mounts/joints do the camber arms have?

• Like 1

Thanks man for the advice, I'm not 100% sure on the camber arms type, but that was one of the things I believed it could be. It's an AWD and the coils were BC gold's, not sure if that can help clear it up? Do you know if it's an expensive fix if it is that?

Could be many things. If the coilovers were removed, check whether there is a gasket between the strut mount and the body of the vehicle. Check the sway bar which can make some awful noises if it isn't lubricated.

• Like 1

Ok thanks heaps man, do I just use wd40 or that lithium shit for lubrication? I'll give that a shot, I've recently tried shaking the front bar and it seems to be more or less coming from there, however the away bars are original and the car is just over 90000kms so that's possibly the problem, is it expensive or easy to do? I've just moved to an apartment in briz and they go ape shit about anyone doing car stuff in the garage so I haven't been able to properly look

I used boat grease to lubricate the sway bar mounts as best as I could. With the bar disconnected from either wheel, you can move it back and forth allowing you to work some grease in. Boat grease is sticky and is good for exposed areas.

Mind you, grease isn't good for rubber, but on old components I don't think it really matters anyways. Having a silent car is much more of a concern to me.

My aftermarket camber arms squeeked after the car was sitting idle for 6months at the workshop when the engine was slowly rebuilt

Never bothered fixing it, Im sure a squirt of greese would have fixed it......