You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• So, I wish I'd done an oil analysis before changing my turbos because my analysis shows elevated (53 ppm) levels of lead. I don't have an analysis before this, so there is no trend. I'll do another change and analysis in 5k to establish a trend but I'm curious about whether this is just a sign of a steady decline? I have no knocks and oil pressure seems ok.  Is this something my engine can recover from or is it on borrowed time? My mechanic did add some additive for stem seals in the last oil change which would be in this analysis. I'm not sure if that would affect anything.  Also, the oil in this analysis is the first oil change I did with the car so I have no idea how long it had been since the previous one. I was given a service history but I don't fully trust these. I know we don't have heaps of info and I'm kinda freaking out a bit, maybe prematurely. 
    • Speedo is out by about 12-15% I.E - If doing a road speed of 100km, the speedo is showing about 115km. The 33 GTR speed sensor is almost impossible to come by. I was lucky enough that someone on FB marketplace was selling an entire gearbox, and i just politely asked to buy the speed sensor off him. I have not installed it yet though.. I thought about the speedo correctors, but heard some not so great things about the Jaycar unit. Lucky for me, i use a Powertune digital dash in the 34 MFD cluster. I have the GPS unit, but the dash also has a speed offset function in which you can choose the offset percentage. So i just bang in an offset of 15% and the digital display shows the correct speed on the MFD.
    • I don't have the full R32 factory service manual so I don't really know how to help you here but there is an EPS control module that modulates the EPS solenoid, marked C or 28500 in this diagram.   The R32 GTR service manual floating around mentions it should be about 4.4-6.6V between the diagnostic connector and solenoid valve at 0 kph, then 1.5-2.2V at 60 mph, it also has the no HICAS equipped variant connector mentioned:  
    • Yeah, and how many of them are still lying around waiting to be used? I think we're in a new era of Skyline modification, where you can't rely on parts from other models being available any more.
    • Uncle Duncan, send me some photos of the creek/drain/culverts, when it's low or dry, and also when it floods if you have any Do you have an idea of how much water that part of the land and drainage would capture in a heavy fall Does the whole creek/drain overflow up stream as well as downstream, or are the culverts the bottleneck, or is the water building up past the culverts and stifling the flow, or does the whole road go under Are the culverts being blocked by dirt or vegetation during the event A land survey would be handy to see where the upstream water is captured and drains down stream I can roughly calculate the size of the drain and culverts required and speak to our surveyors and engineers at work to see what options there are When it comes to culverts and drainage it all comes down to some math to work out what is required  People often underestimate the size of a culvert/drain In saying this I won't be back at work for a week or so as I had my right shoulder rebuilt 12 days ago