SAU Community

Advice Needed

LadyWoogy

I had my r33 gtr engine rebuilt and after it was rebuilt i took it to a local tuner....

long story short he recommended i upgrade the CPu and fuel pump... 5k later come out tuned sweet as

however after about 1 month it seemed to ferk up again took it back to tuner and he tuned it standard even know i have larger turbos.

the boost twisted the bolts and ferked the top end? i think lol

now he has tuned this as a standard gtr is he at all responsible??

he had a problem with the 20 pound actuactors? or something

This is the issue with getting engines built and then tuned by someone different. Tuner blames the builder and the builder blames the tuner. Customer loses :(

To offer any help at all, we need to know more info about the build. Do you have any receipts or anything specifying the work done?

• 2 weeks later...

The issue is one of causation. You have to demonstrate who the negligent party was. It would be something like this...But for the tuner putting that tune into the engine, the engine would still be fine. Or but for the engine builder not applying the proper torque on assembly, the engine would still be fine.

Two legal avenues either: tort law for duty of care (negligence) to recover damage; or govt fair trading dept for same.

good luck.

This does not constitute legal advice. You should consult with a lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my r33 gtr engine rebuilt and after it was rebuilt i took it to a local tuner....

long story short he recommended i upgrade the CPu and fuel pump... 5k later come out tuned sweet as

however after about 1 month it seemed to ferk up again took it back to tuner and he tuned it standard even know i have larger turbos.

the boost twisted the bolts and ferked the top end? i think lol

now he has tuned this as a standard gtr is he at all responsible??

he had a problem with the 20 pound actuactors? or something

How much boost are we talking ? What bolts twisted ? Head studs ?