SAU Community

Plazmaman Intake Problem

5hiv

Hey guys i have installed a plazmaman intake onto my R33 Rb25det and it make a noise. thought it was leaking so i used 3 type of gaskets, Stock rubber, Plazmaman gasket and the cosmetic one but its still the same :(

When i put my hand on the intake plenum the noise goes away.

here is a video of what i mean any one who has a plazmaman intake on their Rb25det can you please help me out, or is it meant to be like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vq77Wi3MTI

Vid didnt work for me...

If you think you have a leak do something to check if you have a leak!

Either pressure test or as it would be a vacuum leak spray some carb cleaner or similar and listen for rev change.

• Like 1

And when your window is open, at low speed when it starts to come on boost it sounds like a natro, everytime a valve opens you can hear it, just.

I also thought of that the sound is coming from inside due to the tin metal because when i put my hand on the intake the sound goes away

Anyways i will do the carb cleaner check this weekend and see how it goes.

And when your window is open, at low speed when it starts to come on boost it sounds like a natro, everytime a valve opens you can hear it, just.

It sounds cool :)

sounds like an air leak to me... i dont remember mine sucking so loud. i could be wrong.

the gasket between the bottom and top of the intake manifold is a bitch sometimes, the rubber gaskets dont work too well on the plazmamans... try a pressure test just to be sure.

Why would an air leak that bad stop just from resting your hand on the plenum though?

Have you called the manufacturer? They would have had many worried calls about it over the years I am sure.