SAU Community

Sau Vic Iracing Championship

Tony Olsson

Will do.

First round was two weeks ago. Track is very narrow and is really hard to pass. Only 10 on track at a time. Practise I was 8th. I qualified in 6th. Finished the race in 5th but also set the second fastest lap time for the night.

Apparently all the other guys are regulars apart from me and one other guy so I'm pretty happy with that result.

Hoping to be a little further up tonight. Fingers crossed! :)

• Like 1

So with no other votes the track that got chosen for tonight's final SViRC round will be - Laguna Seca (USA) - the track was picked from a sophisticated randomizer called a 'beanie' with the track names inside. See you on the track from 8pm for prac :)

How'd you go last night Tony?

I qualified third last night. Finished in third and also set the fastest lap of the night in the race. Was a little bit faster than the car in 2nd but couldn't find a spot to pass cleanly.

I wish we had more tracks in Canberra so we could mix things up a bit, but there's not a lot I can do about that.

Thanks for the race last night Tony.

The the new tyre model is interesting as a couple of times the car slipped without notice, also seemed like it ran out of brakes as well especially lap 16 when you was behind me into turn 1.

Was a fun clean race, bar my spinning :P Gary and I had the track to ourselves. My brakes started to go around lap 13 and my butt went numb lap 14, was interesting fro there on in! :P

Awesome result Chris, was it indoor or out door? Our last Karts event with SAU Vic was an inside track and seemed from what driver said was little slow.

PS. Will post last nights results and a series wrap up by weekends finish :)

Was a fun clean race, bar my spinning :P Gary and I had the track to ourselves. My brakes started to go around lap 13 and my butt went numb lap 14, was interesting fro there on in! :P

Awesome result Chris, was it indoor or out door? Our last Karts event with SAU Vic was an inside track and seemed from what driver said was little slow.

PS. Will post last nights results and a series wrap up by weekends finish :)

Glad to hear you guys got to fight it out. Interesting that the brakes were fading. Which car were you guys in?

This place is indoor. The karts get up to about 70km/h and they're all electronic so they're fairly torquey. Turn one is a nice wide 90 degree left hander that you can do with the throttle flat, so the track isn't too slow.

Here are the results from the last round of the 2014 SViRC, the smallest field of the season still saw some fun and interesting racing due to a new iRacing build.

10750155_10153523743974386_6228807684550

Championship results are -

10730982_10153523744134386_7070077542290

So congratulations to the top three drivers, trophy presentation date will be announced soon.

With the first season of the SViRC all finished up I would like to thank all those who participated, whether it have been for every race or just a few laps, everyone who got on track made the series what it was. With fun and safe racing every round it was more than enjoyable racing visiting virtual tracks from around the world.

Hope to see people back next year for the 2015 SViRC season!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi all, hope your holiday break has been great! The trophies for the 2014 series have not been forgotten about. They will be awarded at the 2014 SAU Vic awards nights which will be announced soon.

In the mean time head over to http://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/452253-2015-sau-vic-iracing-championship/ and check out the 2015 SViRC season! Hope to see you all on track :)

• Like 1